Mixxx 2.4 beta release
It's been a while, but after almost exactly 3 years, we're proud to announce the
beta version of the next major release: Mixxx 2.4!
Keep your eyes peeled for the stable version of 2.4 being released in August if everything goes according to plan. In the meantime, we need help from YOU! In order to get 2.4 stable, we need lots of people testing this beta release, the more, the better. Please download it and report any bugs you find on our bugtracker.
Here's a quick look at the most important changes and new features you can look forward to in Mixxx 2.4:
- Support for saving loops as hotcues ("Saved Loops").
- Save effect chains and then load them into effect units or the QuickEffect
- Native Apple Silicon support (better performance on M1/M2/etc. devices).
- Explicit Sync leader.
- New controller mapping scripting engine (ES2016 support).
- New "all-shaders" Scrolling waveforms resulting in much better GUI performance on all platforms (especially MacOS).
- A bunch of polish for the Library.
Expect a more in depth blog posts for each of these features in the coming weeks.
You can check out the full changelog on github.