About my Outreachy internship with Mixxx DJ: Week 1 progress
This is the first of many weekly progress reports that I will be publishing for the duration of my Outreachy internship with Mixxx DJ.
- I submitted pull request #313 in response to this issue. I added the base commands for each platform (MacOS, Windows and Linux) onto the which the command-line options can be appended.
- Currently working on issue #157 – which is documenting the Rekordbox library import. I had run into a slight problem with pulling the latest changes made by some of the outreachy applicants during the contribution phase. Luckily, some of the contributors from the Mixxx community helped me figure it out. It took me longer than I expected but I hope to have made a PR for this issue by the end of today.
- I have also been working on my first video tutorial on “Getting started with Mixxx”. The plan is to make it then share the link in the chat so that I can get feedback, before I make the final. This is my first time making a YouTube tutorial, so it’s taking me a little bit of time. I wanted to record my voice as I made the tutorial but I faced some difficulty doing both at the same time (focusing on the script and my actions at the same time). So I have decided to try making the video first, then recording my voice in the video after.
- Lost a day of work (maybe two) to the last two issues.
- I’m thinking of a proper way to start working on the cookbook.
I will need to consult on this – whether it should be in GitHub pages, a GitHub repo with
*.rstfiles (like the manual) or….. a simple website or…. something else.