Encoder refresh rate

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Encoder refresh rate

Postby Greg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 pm

I asked months ago about a 22.1 refresh rate, and was told it's not possible at this time. We recently updated our stream service to 96K @ 44.1 refresh. Why does the Mixxx REFUSE to connect at this rate? When set at 96K, the refresh is at 32. Is there any option to correct this in preference setup? The problem lies in having an auto stream. When you stop the auto and connect with the Mixxx, the difference in refresh rate kills all the current listeners "web radios". I've witnessed this with our own webpage, as well as using winamp player. Winamp shows how the connection is, that's how I verified it's at 96K at 32 refresh. There has to be some logic in this somewhere. Input is appreciated, Thanks in advance!
Greg

Re: Encoder refresh rate

Postby JosepMa » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Currently we let the MP3 encoder decide which samplerate to use depending on the indicated bitrate.

In your case, 96kbps means that it uses 32Khz. 112kbps or 128kbps would use 44Khz.

One of the reasons to do this is to avoid configurations that the encoder would refuse to accept.

I understand that in your case, it's a problem of keeping the stream running while switching the content source, but it's a bit of a corner case.
JosepMa

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ