Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby hyperdriver » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Used version 2.2 loopy for a gig and it worked brilliantly
hyperdriver
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:02 am

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 am

mixonmixoff wrote:
hyperdriver wrote:Another feature that might be useful is the ability to load the samplers. Maybe pressing an empty sampler pad loads the selected file from the library? And say tap+sample pad unloads? I wish I was good at this scripting lark :)


I like that and can implement! Steph, are you cool with my contributing?


Was this ever scripted? I like this idea too. Can you tell me what to change to make it happen? I also wonder if there was a way to load a song with specific samples loaded with it automatically (or remember the last samples loaded for that song)? Also precise recording to make a single note sample...like an editor. I noticed that the sound degrades when the cue point passes by. Lots of ideas going through my head lately.
aDJnamedCorey
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:40 am

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby josephk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi people,
I've been living abroad the last three months, so I cut the thread discussion here with Steph..
I'm using his version 2.2 of the mappings. Overall very good, but not 100% there. Quite there.

JOG WHEEL is always in scratching mode, even if WHEEL button is turned off.

Another problem that popped out is about the malfunctioning of the FLANGER effect:
- SUPER knob doesn't apply any effect manipulation
- MIX knob output behavior in the effects got it very wrong: when activated volume of the base rises from very low, until at the last step it bounces to full on.

Other problem: when I deactivate an FX button while scratching, scratching deactivates too.

We need a PDF file as mappings cheat-sheet, otherwise all the combinations are not really easily discoverable.
Like, how to move a loop, say, by one quarter - if possible at all?
josephk
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:32 pm

The wheel mode feeling might be with track
Not playing. When it's playing it only goes wheel mode when wheel mode is enabled.
aDJnamedCorey
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:40 am

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby mixonmixoff » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:44 pm

aDJnamedCorey wrote:
mixonmixoff wrote:
hyperdriver wrote:Another feature that might be useful is the ability to load the samplers. Maybe pressing an empty sampler pad loads the selected file from the library? And say tap+sample pad unloads? I wish I was good at this scripting lark :)


I like that and can implement! Steph, are you cool with my contributing?


Was this ever scripted? I like this idea too. Can you tell me what to change to make it happen? I also wonder if there was a way to load a song with specific samples loaded with it automatically (or remember the last samples loaded for that song)? Also precise recording to make a single note sample...like an editor. I noticed that the sound degrades when the cue point passes by. Lots of ideas going through my head lately.


Will be submitting a PR including Sample load soon!
mixonmixoff
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby mixonmixoff » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm

You may follow progress here: https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/1180

Ejecting samples needs to be done a different way. Shift + Sample button is already mapped to play without sync, and I think I'd like to keep it that way.
mixonmixoff
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby mixonmixoff » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Do you guys use the iCUT feature?
mixonmixoff
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby CosmicEgg494 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:03 am

My right Jog wheel won't scratch. When the wheel key is pressed it doesn't do anything even when the song is not playing. When it is pressed it changes pitch. Is this happening to anyone else or am I just doing something wrong?
CosmicEgg494
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 am

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby mixonmixoff » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:30 pm

josephk wrote:Hi people,
I've been living abroad the last three months, so I cut the thread discussion here with Steph..
I'm using his version 2.2 of the mappings. Overall very good, but not 100% there. Quite there.

JOG WHEEL is always in scratching mode, even if WHEEL button is turned off.

Another problem that popped out is about the malfunctioning of the FLANGER effect:
- SUPER knob doesn't apply any effect manipulation
- MIX knob output behavior in the effects got it very wrong: when activated volume of the base rises from very low, until at the last step it bounces to full on.

Other problem: when I deactivate an FX button while scratching, scratching deactivates too.

We need a PDF file as mappings cheat-sheet, otherwise all the combinations are not really easily discoverable.
Like, how to move a loop, say, by one quarter - if possible at all?


Will take a look at these and make sure they're solved for Mixxx 2.1. The wiki page is a pretty good cheatsheet: https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/num ... rack_pro_3

CosmicEgg494 wrote:My right Jog wheel won't scratch. When the wheel key is pressed it doesn't do anything even when the song is not playing. When it is pressed it changes pitch. Is this happening to anyone else or am I just doing something wrong?


I don't have this issue. The fact that it affects only the right wheel may suggest a hardware issue?
mixonmixoff
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby CosmicEgg494 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:35 pm

mixonmixoff wrote:I don't have this issue. The fact that it affects only the right wheel may suggest a hardware issue?


I got it to work on Virtual DJ while i still had the trial version.
CosmicEgg494
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests