Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby NotYourAverageAl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:37 am

Steph wrote:It is with Smart PFL enabled in the config options in the JS file. I could probably make it such that when you do a long press of the pfl button, it doesn't turn off the other channels. The idea was to minimize the number of presses required on pfl, as generally you cue one song at a time. If you need to hear the main mix at the same time as pfl, there is a knob for that over the leds on the controller. (Cue-mix ratio).

Thanks for the info Steph. If you can do it, I can try and test the long press option & see if it's any more intuitive. Cheers
NotYourAverageAl

Postby Steph » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:09 pm

In the meantime, when needed you can enable the 2nd pfl directly on the GUI with a mouse.
Steph

Postby hyperdriver » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:01 pm

I don't know if this idea appeals to someone who can do scripting but it might be fun to be able to manipulate loops using the touch strips
hyperdriver

Postby mixonmixoff » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:10 pm

The only thing I'd like to do, and I may have a crack at this myself, is to be able to change beat-jump amount. Maybe pad mode + dry/wet knob for changing amount, and shift + pitch bend -/+ for actually moving.

Also, perhaps having loop-move, and being able to adjust the loop move amount (tap + dry/wet?) would be good. For loop move I'd map the pitch bend -/+ buttons since I don't use those, but that may be not good for everyone..
mixonmixoff

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:01 pm

mixonmixoff wrote:The only thing I'd like to do, and I may have a crack at this myself, is to be able to change beat-jump amount. Maybe pad mode + dry/wet knob for changing amount, and shift + pitch bend -/+ for actually moving.

Also, perhaps having loop-move, and being able to adjust the loop move amount (tap + dry/wet?) would be good. For loop move I'd map the pitch bend -/+ buttons since I don't use those, but that may be not good for everyone..

You have a very active imagination. This is why I prefer mixxx over everything else. The community's ideas and developers are SO on point!
aDJnamedCorey

Postby mixonmixoff » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:17 pm

aDJnamedCorey wrote:You have a very active imagination. This is why I prefer mixxx over everything else. The community's ideas and developers are SO on point!

Thanks, I've been doing this a short while but the dev community is pretty awesome and seems to be headed in the right direction too! Props to djsteph for making a super thorough mapping.

I'm playing with the following:

Beat Jump:
- change size with shift + beats knob. Range 1/32 through 64, default 1
- jump back with shift + pitch bend -
- jump forward with shift + pitch bend +

Loop Move:
- change size with with tap button + beats knob. Range 1/32 through 64, default 1
- move backwards with tap + pitch bend -
- move forwards with tap + pitch bend +

Other changes
- move sampler gain control to Pad Mode + Browse Knob. Left Pad Mode controls samples 1-4 and Right Pad Mode controls samples 5-8.
- move beat grid forwards/backwards with pad mode + beats knob. I think this operation is less common. Shift is more prominent and tap is more convenient.

Pitch bend functionality remains there as default to avoid confusion. I think this works well because you can press your modifier key to change the amount, keep it pressed down and execute the beat jump or loop move without lifting off the modifier.

The only problem... and this makes it quite hard to use, is that there doesn't seem to be a way to update the beat jump size, or the loop move amount in the UI. Looks like there's an open issue on it and a suggested implementation however: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1 ... omments/11. Curious to see what djsteph thinks of above.
mixonmixoff

Postby Be. » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 pm

IMO, without a way to show those values on screen or the controller (which there isn't a way to do on this controller), there's not much point in mapping it. If you'd like to go ahead and implement that proposal on the C++ side, that would be awesome.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby mixonmixoff » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Yep, you're right, having to keep those numbers in your head is very much non-ideal..

I have plenty of JS experience but very limited C++. I have been looking through just to get an idea of where to start however and may be able to have a crack in the next few days.
mixonmixoff

Postby Be. » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Great. Take a look at the Developer Guide on the wiki to help you get oriented.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Other changes
- move sampler gain control to Pad Mode + Browse Knob. Left Pad Mode controls samples 1-4 and Right Pad Mode controls samples 5-8.
- move beat grid forwards/backwards with pad mode + beats knob. I think this operation is less common. Shift is more prominent and tap is more convenient.

Shift + TAP toggles 4 deck control with the TAP light indicating decks 3 & 4.
Pad mode and the pad to the right of sample mode isn't programmed for anything as far as I can remember. Maybe it can be used as a toggle and an indicator light for a feature you want.
aDJnamedCorey

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings