Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:58 am

Just an FYI, I just noticed that I can't nudge with the wheel if "wheel" is turned off. I usually turn off the wheel when I don't plan on scratching (usually dance music) so i don't hit the top of the platter by mistake and stop the flow of the music. MTP3 4 DECK CONTROL mapping only. I don't have any parties scheduled so I'm just messing around and trying stuff.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:34 am

I guess it's hard to please everyone. What you are referring to (nudge when wheel is off) was reported as a bug in this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7286&start=160#p30006 so I removed that "feature". I guess this could be a configuration option.
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:04 am

It's not a big deal. I got the sync button and i'm not afraid to use it. lol
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 am

Hello aDJnamedCorey,

I made 2 subtle change to the wheel behavior:
1. I added the configuration option to allow or not nudging with the wheel when it is off
2. I allowed the wheel to be used to position track when track is not playing, regardless of whether wheel is on or not.

This is the same behavior as Virtual DJ. Let me know what you think. I pushed the changes to GitHub.

Steph
Attachments
Numark-Mixtrack-3-scripts-v2.2.zip
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 3676 times
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Steph wrote:Hello aDJnamedCorey,

I made 2 subtle change to the wheel behavior:
1. I added the configuration option to allow or not nudging with the wheel when it is off
2. I allowed the wheel to be used to position track when track is not playing, regardless of whether wheel is on or not.

This is the same behavior as Virtual DJ. Let me know what you think. I pushed the changes to GitHub.

Steph

1. That's great! Very usable mixing acapellas with different tracks.
2. That feels like a real turntable. Feels like home!
That's programming talent! Not everyone can pull off such detail.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words
Steph

Postby mixonmixoff » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:04 am

Is there any way to reset BPM of track to default?
mixonmixoff

Postby Steph » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:31 am

If Sync lock is enabled, you need to disable it, and using the pitch slider, bring it back to 0%. Soft takeover is enabled on the pitch silder, so the physical placement of the pitch on the controller needs to match the gui before the gui starts reacting.

From the wiki, here is how to disable sync lock with the controller:
Long Press (Sync Lock): Hold for at least half of a second to enable sync lock for this deck. Decks with sync locked will all play at the same tempo, and decks that also have quantize enabled will always have their beats lined up. If the Sync Lock was previously activated, it just deactivates it regardless of the Short press/Double Press
Steph

Postby NotYourAverageAl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 am

Hey Steph,

I don't if I'm missing something. I can't get both PLF hardware buttons to turn on at the same time with the latest 2.2 script. Is this a feature?
NotYourAverageAl

Postby Steph » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:47 am

It is with Smart PFL enabled in the config options in the JS file. I could probably make it such that when you do a long press of the pfl button, it doesn't turn off the other channels. The idea was to minimize the number of presses required on pfl, as generally you cue one song at a time. If you need to hear the main mix at the same time as pfl, there is a knob for that over the leds on the controller. (Cue-mix ratio).
Steph

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings