DARK METAL Skin

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: SKIN [Dark Metal] - 100% Resizable - 100% SVG - V.2.6

Postby jorgerosa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:37 am

Thanks a lot sblaisot and JosepMa! :)
sblaisot, what you said makes sense, and if that is an issue to you, could be for other people too. I´ll change that.
JosepMa, you helped me a lot with your reports and tips. It was in fact an graphics overlap issue, they affected the VU Meter. And since it is impossible to affect the code, just can be a graphics "refresh" issue. All is now fixed. :)
(The version is the same, I think there is no need to change it (?)... and the link in the first post)
jorgerosa

Postby JosepMa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:48 am

Good, VUs and latency working well in that version.

Just one last issue, that I commented once and you only partially fixed (maybe it is a design decision, but I better report it).

It is about the "Sync" buttons. In 2.0 they are not only push buttons, but can have a state as well. Concretely, they can enable master sync, which means that all the decks that have it enabled will automatically be synced to the same BPM.

In order for this to act as a state button, the Skin has to be configured in that way, and use the correct keyword. You are not using multi-state and you are not using the expected keyword. If that is a design decision, then ok.
Else, you should change them to this:

Code: Select all
      <PushButton>   
      <NumberStates>2</NumberStates>
      <State>
      <Number>0</Number>
      <Pressed>gfx_hifi/btn_sync1.svg</Pressed>
      <Unpressed>gfx_hifi/btn_sync1.svg</Unpressed>
      </State>
      <State>
      <Number>1</Number>
      <Pressed>gfx_hifi/btn_sync1_overdown.svg</Pressed>
      <Unpressed>gfx_hifi/btn_sync1_overdown.svg</Unpressed>
      </State>
      <Pos>392,6</Pos>
      <Connection>
      <ConfigKey>[Channel<Variable name="audiochannel_b"/>],sync_enabled</ConfigKey>
      <EmitOnPressAndRelease>true</EmitOnPressAndRelease>
      <ButtonState>LeftButton</ButtonState>
      </Connection>
      <Connection>
      <ConfigKey>[Channel<Variable name="audiochannel_b"/>],beatsync</ConfigKey>
      <EmitOnPressAndRelease>true</EmitOnPressAndRelease>
      <ButtonState>RightButton</ButtonState>
      </Connection>
      </PushButton>
JosepMa

Postby jorgerosa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:05 pm

"In 2.0 they are not only push buttons"... Indeed, I hadnt noticed that yet (new features are more important than the design).
And... Its fixed!... Thanks for report it!
Many changes were done (It´s now Dark Metal v.2.7.0) - Download Page: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6052
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL] - Skin - Resizable - 100% SVG - V.2.7.2

Postby fmdude » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:02 am

Hello Jorge,
Congrats for this amazing skin.
One suggestion:
-Can we change the size of the font on the library?
I try to do it but there is no change at all, and usually the other mixxx skins let to do it.
Sorry if I don’t explain myself very well, but English isn’t my mother language, my mother language is the same as your, Portuguese. :-)
Cheers
fmdude

Re: [DARK METAL] - Skin - Resizable - 100% SVG - V.2.7.2

Postby jorgerosa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks.
fmdude wrote:Can we change the size of the font on the library?
Now you can, i´ve added buttons for increase and decrease fonts size, also I had to reconfigure some QT styles. All is working now. :)
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL] - Skin - Resizable - 100% SVG - V.2.7.3

Postby fmdude » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks Jorge! I can testimony that it works fine! Now all the “Mr. Magoo”(like me) around the world can dj using your skin! :-)
One last suggestion, every time you release a new version of the skin you could post the changes/improvements you have made.
fmdude

Re: [DARK METAL] - Skin - Resizable - 100% SVG - V.2.7.6

Postby Don'tKnowShit » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:08 pm

DM 2.7.6 + Mixxx 2.0.0 on OS X 10.11.3

1. scrolling waveform

Issue when dragging waveform back and forth with 3-finger scroll left / right on trackpad. CPU goes to 100% and reaction from mixxx is super-laggy making this feature unusable.

This issue is skin related as it is not a problem when switching to deere and doing the same.

2. waveform single color

I think it's a real drawback for darkmetal to not use several colors to inidcate what's happening in the track playing. not having this feature would prevent me from using DM skin :(

3. image in top bar

the non-functional speaker images on the top left / right should go. either use a blank bar (easy on the eyes) or add more functionality. otherwise those images are just distracting from real important knobs.
Don'tKnowShit

Re: [DARK METAL] - Skin - Resizable - 100% SVG - V.2.7.6

Postby jorgerosa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Don'tKnowShit wrote:(...) is super-laggy making this feature unusable. (...)
I think could be because CPU is processing the "Long Waves" too (even hidden thay may been processed by CPU). Try to disable them (try to remove them from the "skin.xml" file). I´ll do my own tests about it here too.

Don'tKnowShit wrote:(...) waveform single color (...)
That is intentionally. Even they are not in a single color, only in very very similar colors ;)

Don'tKnowShit wrote:(...) image in top bar (...)
Makes all sense... So, they are now disabled! (But not removed... Since people may like that visual speakers, they are still there (The code, styles and graphics). To enable them just uncomment their <WidgetGroup>. The file to edit is in the path: "(...) DarkMetal\templates\row01_globals\start.xml".

INFO: I´ve just removed the skin branch from Github, that was just making me waste my time in updating stuff there.
Since it was an EXACTLY copy of this skin, as it is in this zip file, there is no need for "more of the same" there.
Still I will kept it in sourceforge, so in case my own webpage is offline, you will still be able to download it from there.

Many changes were done (It´s now Dark Metal v.2.7.6) - Download Page: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6052
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL Skin] - Racks - Resizable - SVG - v.2.7.8

Postby jorgerosa » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Audio stream receiver... Santa, are you there?... https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1545288 :roll:
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL Skin] - Racks - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.0

Postby fmdude » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:58 am

Hi Jorge,
Some suggestions that came into my mind:
Miniplayers:
-Could choose between open the 4 players or only 2.
-Show remaining time in the song and band and song names, not only song name as it happen now.
The top shortcut bar:
-When open Mixxx the shortcut to autodj don’t work, only work when I select autodj in the left menu.
The color:
-Maybe you could give the chance to the user choose between the red or the purple in the same version of the skin.
fmdude

PreviousNext

Return to Skins