DARK METAL Skin

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: SKIN - [ Dark Metal V.1.4 ] - NEW !!!

Postby Driftek » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:54 am

Is there any way to make it smaller or edit it to a smaller size?
Driftek

Re: SKIN - [ Dark Metal V.1.4 ] - NEW !!!

Postby NickyBlue » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Just calculate the change in percent that you want to apply considering its main background (screen resolution) and your prefered resolution. Record a macro to reduce a file by that percent. Or maybe even pixel thing work like that I mean relative. Anyway, run that macro on its skin directory where all its files are kept. And it will reduce all file sizes to new relative size I suppose. Never done it that thing ..I mean reduce image size but used macro facility few times and within adobe I think this could be one of the procedure.

Or there are other lengthy ways ..haha like rearranging a composite psd and then do the resize and crop on composite file. But I won't do it ...smile. I left it on third layer or so. ;)

Anyway, you don't need to work with any psd file unless you want some typical changes not just size. For it you may just use existing skin files not psd ones. But you still wud need to update skin.xml I suppose ..smile. Hope this works for you. As for myself I am currently happy with its oversize skin (just double kinda) ...haha!

cya

(Note: You might have to do little cropping with just main background file to adjust to your screen shape. i.e. W/H ratio Or maybe Dark metal guy himself provide some idea. After all he looks like a graphic man. :))
NickyBlue

Re: SKIN - [ Dark Metal V.1.5 ] - NEW !!!

Postby Roku » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:38 am

I wish I could use it but the resolution is way too big for me. could you make a 1440x900 size? Pweeaz?
Roku

Postby merb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:37 pm

This skin is nice! I especially like the option to change the spinning jog wheels.. Excellent work! Is there a chance you'd make this a 1600x900 skin? I'd love to use it but my resolution is a bit too small. If you end up making the requested 1440x900 I'd probably use that too.
merb

Postby RokuNexen » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:06 am

RESIZED!!!!!!!!!

Kinda. Im working on resizing it to 1440 x 900

Heres all I'v done so far. Basically the easy part is done with.
Resized images and replaced.

http://imgur.com/1HRVkVF

!!!!!!!!!EDIT

This is a useable version (%20 Complete)
Heres a link to download what I have done so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulnhesg3asls ... pdlKa?dl=0

!!!!!!!!!EDIT

Here an update to %50 finished. Everything has been resized to 1440x900 Now I just have to reposition everything.
http://imgur.com/ZLjgCkg

Link To unfinished work.(Just needs repositioned)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f70thcndlh55 ... hbbqa?dl=0
RokuNexen

Re: SKIN - [ Dark Metal V.1.5 ] - NEW :)

Postby daschuer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Thank you for all the work!
Just keep in mind that Mixxx 1.12 will support re-sizable skins.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby jorgerosa » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:27 am

daschuer wrote:Thank you for all the work!
Just keep in mind that Mixxx 1.12 will support re-sizable skins.
Thankyou for your awesome software! I keep loving it each day more. I cant imagine all the code lines and time behind it... I´ll try to adapt the skin to your re-sizable skins. (Anyone to do it already? Would be great!).

Now... Here is the deal for you, guys... (everyone!)

I´ve being developing IMP - Irrlicht Music Player (Nothing similar is available, it plays music, visuals, lyrics like a karaoke, has a 3D clock, etc, etc, etc...) so you may find it quite odd at the first try... But the more you try it... then... Probably the feeling will be... the same! :lol: ). OK, anyways, since I am far away from my little baby, I had an idea to develop this software to somehow be with her. The idea is to read books and bedtime stories, recording my voice, adding there so she could listen everyday... And like we all know, babies love lights and lots of stuff... BUT no worries works great with "Gothic Industrial Music" too!... (Many examples are included there) ;)

- Today I had an idea, how about a "button" in MIXXX that could launch a new window (and maybe displayed in a 2nd monitor or a giant display) with bands, effects, etc... all is rendered in 3D in real time. I think no other DJ software has a feature like that too. (I see only send recorded videos or images only).... Well I dunno even people would like it... Anyways there would always be a close button, right?.....

- Everything there is very simple. It uses irrlicht for the 3D and Audiere for sound. Both simple libraries, both with permissive licences, both cross-platform, so would fit great with these ones. To do, would be to change that (simple) audio lib by the one you use in MIXXX... And thats all (I think).

If you guys would like the idea, the download url is this one:
DOWNLOAD --> http://sourceforge.net/projects/irrlichtmp
All files and source code is there, as "clean" as it could be... I think......

- Before anything else... Yes! Of course you can change, edit, delete, trash it, throw it to the head of your favourite politician, etc, etc, whatever you want to do with it. All my software in sourceforge is only developed in that way. No restrictions. - Any help from me, no problem. My only issue is time, but I would help as far as I could.... ONLY if devs and the comunity thinks that would be nice and worth the effort, of course. Ok... CYA!
jorgerosa

Postby jorgerosa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:52 am

Hello again guys, everyone is keeping doing good music?... I hope so!!!
This may be "off-topic" but here it goes... I´ve developed a sort of "all-in-one" tool that I always bring with me, to convert between media formats.
I use it a lot (includes many many many codecs and no install is required). Its being so handy for me, specially converting audio formats (of course) and to "borrow" some music from movies... :twisted: etc, etc.... that I decided to share with everyone else too. I know its not that "beauty" kind of software :roll: ...but... it gets the "job done". ;)
Atm... runs only on WINDOWS... Sorry!! :oops:
UEMMC Download ---> https://sourceforge.net/projects/uemmc (It´s quite heavy has ~39Mb file size)
(Would be nice to have an media (specially for audio) converter in Mixxx, to avoid "extra" tools, no?... I´m using the free ffmpeg libraries)
Cya!
Last edited by jorgerosa on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorgerosa

Postby daschuer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi jorgerosa

Thank you for your work and the link to your tool. IMHO converting files is somehow off the focus of Mixxx, especially since such tools like yours already exists.

Playing any file format is a core topic of Mixxx, but it is sometimes hard since Mixxx requires sample exact seeks.
We have already an experimental ffmpeg support in the Mixxx sources, that is AFAIK only tested with Linux. We have also a branch on GitHub that attempts to use ffmpeg as fallback codec, in case no optimized codec is available.

Do you have some spare time to check setup and test a ffmpeg build of Mixxx on windows?
(build with scons ffmpeg=1)

The Mixxx community has a leak of Windows developer, so any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Daniel
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby jorgerosa » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:28 am

Hi daschuer, I´ll check setup and test a ffmpeg build of Mixxx on windows, no problem.
Please just dont be in a rush, I´ve a very complicated business here to run. I may take a bit long... Sorry. :(
(That tool was handy for me, but it sure lacks of... many many things. I usually used it to convert from many formats into .ogg files to store them in my HD, but since was a waste of using the embedded ffmpeg, I´ve been adding some features and decided to share it... a bit buggy but (almost) never crashes... and works fine... even when i have no idea how :roll: ... )
jorgerosa

PreviousNext

Return to Skins