Saving Keyboard Mappings

Customized keyboard mappings that suit different uses

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Saving Keyboard Mappings

Postby DJ Spinsane » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 am

I have my keyboard mapped how I want it and I edited it in Notepad++ but now I do not know how to save it and have it set up to work for Mixxx. The mapping that Mixxx is running now is a CFG file yet I do not know how to save my edited one as a CFG file any help?
DJ Spinsane

Re: Saving Keyboard Mappings

Postby jus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:17 am

In Notepad++ use the "Save As" menu and save your edited file as Custom.kbd.cfg.
Windows may hide the *.cfg file extension by default which is not an issue, you can check with Windows Explorer. Left click on the saved file, select "Properties" and it should read " Type of file: CFG File (.cfg)".

After you successfully edited and saved your custom mapping, you need to move it to the correct folder so Mixxx can use the mapping.
In Windows 7, copy Custom.kbd.cfg to
Code: Select all
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mixxx\Custom.kbd.cfg

On the next startup, Mixxx will check if Custom.kbd.cfg is present and load that file instead of the standard keyboard mapping file.
If you want to revert to the original setting, simply rename or delete the Custom.kbd.cfg
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.

Find out how to contribute to Mixxx development.
jus
Mixxx Artist

Return to Keyboard mappings