List Of Deere Skins to Down Load

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

List Of Deere Skins to Down Load

Postby TonyTonyTony » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:55 pm

How do I buy, or download skins like (example: Deere 1280 x 800WXGA). I have version 2.0 of MIXXX, but I would Like to change the Skin.
Please help. Thank you.

Tony (London)
TonyTonyTony

Re: List Of Deere Skins to Down Load

Postby JosepMa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:47 pm

The skin you mention is from an older version of Mixxx, concretely 1.11.

The reason it is no longer available is because the skin format changed from 1.11 to 2.0 and that skin was left back. Latenight is similar to that older skin, but not completely.
It is possible to use that older skin (by downloading the older version and copying it into the 2.0 folder), but some functionality will be lost.

Also, in 2.1, skins will change again (more features have been added to the program, and some skins will be adapted, and others might get dropped too).
JosepMa

Postby TonyTonyTony » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Thank you JosepMa for your reply. I like the latest version with the 4 decks, so I think I will Stay with Versio 2.0
Maybe the the Developers will make or sell additional skins in the future for download, but keep the "Spinner turntable" graphics, but change the design to compete with "Deckadance".
Thanks again for your reply.

Tony (London)
TonyTonyTony

Postby bbop1959 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm

I use a computer that has a 1920x1080 resolution. This was an option in 1.11 but it isn't in 2.0. How can I get this skin and will it help enlarge the fonts?
bbop1959

Postby JosepMa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Again:

Previous to Mixxx 2.0, the Skins had a fixed size.
Due to that, skins like the old Deere come in multiple resolutions.

Since Mixxx 2.0, the skins can increase their size and adapt to different resolutions, and users can toggle different options (like showing two or four decks, or more or less samplers).

So you don't HAVE to look for a skin having a resolution in its name, because Mixxx does no longer need such type of skins.

About the font sizes, in Mixxx 2.0 you can change the size going to the Preferences, there to Library options, and there you have options to change the font size and line spacing.
This only affects the font on the library.

Then, on Mixxx 2.1, you have the option to scale the screen, in case you use a physically small screen with high resolution.
Go to Preferences, and to Interface. There, you can increase the scaling (which is 100% by default), or even activate autoscaling, and Mixxx might detect automatically the scaling that you need.
JosepMa

Return to Skins