Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Pushed pixels, now I can let it rest...
Updated to Tango_v0.9.6

Have fun!
ronso

Postby Kafuzke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:58 pm

sorry, i have no idea what GitHub or PullRequest is and I do not need an Ubuntu account to report one bug. I like to take the time and test again in a virtual machine and write the synonymous gladly here in the forum in a thread. However, most preferably in German. Because to write such long sentences I have to take a translator to help and to translate a mistake correctly into english that can also google not correct. It is also hard for me to understand what is written here.

A few small cosmetic changes yet:
* The German translation of AutoDj activate or Record Stop is longer than the button (this too for german translations in the EQ Slot). I removed the line font-weight in the pushbuttons and then that fits.
* Also, I removed the line backgroud-color from the SamplerSyncButton and then it fits for me as well
* Tooltip from Samplerplay is wrong, Left Click stop at begining not a cue-Point

I would also like to show you some screens, once laptop 1600x900 and 1980x1200 from the desktop.
1600x900.PNG
Tango_v0.9.5 1600x900px
1600x900.PNG (137.78 KiB) Viewed 3894 times

1920x1200.JPG
Tango_v0.9.6 1920x1200px
1920x1200.JPG (298 KiB) Viewed 3894 times

PS: I love the new Eject Button, i miss him in the samplerdecks 8-)

Be. wrote:
Kafuzke wrote:Only thing FX is by default off (grey).

This is an intentional change for 2.1. All effects are off when Mixxx starts ...

If in 2.1 all effects are off I do not care, I just struck directly
Kafuzke

Re: Touchscreen bug

Postby gj23 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 pm

gj23 wrote:There is a touchscreen bug that affects the play/pause on Windows 8.1.

If a track is stopped, touching the play button results in immediate playback, and removing my finger from the play button results in playback halting. Touching the play button again results in the track restarting from the beginning.

With LateNight, nothing occurs on the intial touch, and playback begins when the button is released ***EDIT: But only on the Left Deck! The Right Deck is busted.*** If there is a too long delay between the finger-down event and finger-up event, it's interpreted by Windows as a press-and-hold event which Mixxx just discards

This turns out to be a bug in all 2.0/2.1 skins and Windows versions. Some of the skins have a single deck that works correctly (LateNight's left deck only, for example) but mostly it's busted across the board.

Bug filed and confirmed here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1662794
gj23

Postby ronso » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Kafuzke wrote:* The German translation of AutoDj activate or Record Stop is longer than the button (this too for german translations in the EQ Slot). I removed the line font-weight in the pushbuttons and then that fits.

Okay, thanks for the hint! French is probably muuuch longer. I'll increase max horizontal size.

Kafuzke wrote:* Also, I removed the line backgroud-color from the SamplerSyncButton and then it fits for me as well

Hm you mean you like it more when it's dark? The text position looks okay.

Kafuzke wrote:* Tooltip from Samplerplay is wrong, Left Click stop at begining not a cue-Point

Thanks, will fix it. Left-click always plays from the Cue point. Right-click depends on your Cue settings in Preferences, I'd say.

Kafuzke wrote:I love the new Eject Button, i miss him in the samplerdecks 8-)

Cool, you mean the mini animation? It should also go to Samplers, you're right.

Kafuzke wrote:sorry, i have no idea what GitHub or PullRequest is

Mixxx is free & open source. Github is the platform where that source code is hosted. You can contribute your improvements there or fix bugs, and a PullRequest is a request to developers to include the changes.
ronso

Postby ronso » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Updated to v0.9.X, see first post

It's 0.9.X because I must admit I lost track over versions while constantly committing to PR 1511. And I suppose it's the last version for mixxx 2.0 I post to the forum because 2.1 features FX Meta knob and other fancy stuff I'd like to implement...

Have fun, report bugs, tell me if you're missing something. And share your screens!

Cheers!
ronso

Postby dj-nikko » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:39 pm

I just ran your Flatnite-skin branch in production last night on the latest master branch of mixxx and it worked GREAT, this is my new production skin for mixxx! I dj with a Pioneer DDJ-SB2, so I turn off the mixer and eq, and turn on the big spinnies, because I scratch a bit every once in a while. The highlighting of the remainder of the track in the track overview is great. The only thing only slightly confusing is the gray-on/red-off colors. Red/Green for Off/On makes sense, but the gray/red sometimes makes me have to think 'is this disabled, on, or off/'? Otherwise, great job, and I'll be using this skin from now on!

Another question. IS saving the sampler bank a function of the skin? On the Late-Night skin, my previously loaded samples are loaded on startup and the sample bank is displayed. On Tango, I have to load the saved sampler bank each time startup
dj-nikko

Postby ronso » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:32 pm

dj-nikko wrote:it worked GREAT, this is my new production skin for mixxx!

:) fine! And thanks for your feedback!

dj-nikko wrote:the remainder of the track in the track overview is great.

yes, this was merged about two weeks ago, contributed by MK-42 so it's no Tango-specific, but not yet implemented in LateNight I guess, only in [WIP] Deere branch and [WIP] Tango.

dj-nikko wrote:The only thing only slightly confusing is the gray-on/red-off colors

You're referring to deck controls like 'repeat', 'slip mode' I assume..
There has been some confusion/discussion about this issue, but only with Keylock here. Coming from other software or other skins, it might be unusual. Feel free to join the conversation there!

dj-nikko wrote:IS saving the sampler bank a function of the skin?

That's a recently merged feature from PR #1213, it should be skin independent, especially since there where no changes to LateNight lately AFAIK. I don't really use samplers it so I can't tell if/why it's broken in Tango. Might be that my Flat-NIte-skin branch was not up-to-date with master. Did you compile mixxxdj/mixxx/master with ronso0/mixxx/Tango branch merged?
ronso

Postby dj-nikko » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:17 am

ronso wrote:That's a recently merged feature from PR #1213, it should be skin independent, especially since there where no changes to LateNight lately AFAIK. I don't really use samplers it so I can't tell if/why it's broken in Tango. Might be that my Flat-NIte-skin branch was not up-to-date with master. Did you compile mixxxdj/mixxx/master with ronso0/mixxx/Tango branch merged?

I compared your FlatNite-skin branch to the upstream master and they were merge-able, so I merged FlatNite-skin in and am compiling now. I do get lots of errors in the console regarding 'BeatSpinBox' - it complains about it in every file it encounters it in. I did a bit of research on BeatSpinBox and there's no documentation for it, and it's not referenced in the mixxx source anywhere. is that a custom element that you created?
dj-nikko

Postby ronso » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:00 pm

dj-nikko wrote:I do get lots of errors in the console regarding 'BeatSpinBox'

Oh, that's about loop & beatjump controls from PR 1187, which can be tested with Tango.
Seems I forgot to mention that in Tango PR, but shouldn't affect the persistent Samplers.
I hope I can test that sometime this week

In general, it's best to post comments on [WIP] Tango for mixxx 2.1 in the respective PR here so that we have everything in one place: bugs, suggestions, feedback.
ronso

Postby ronso » Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Tango has been merged! Woohoo!!
From now on you can use it by installing Mixxx 2.1 alpha from http://downloads.mixxx.org/builds/master/release or by compiling latest master from https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx. It has evolved a lot, especially effects and samplers.
This also means I won't develop 2.0 version any further since there were no serious 2.0 specific bugs reported here.

Feedback is welcome in https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/1151
Enjoy!
ronso

PreviousNext

Return to Skins