Tango * super minimizable skin UPDATE

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:10 am

gj23 wrote:The settings menu could be:
Channel Mixer:
---->None
---->Full
---->Crossfader only

Just a late night check-in. Crossfader only. What exactly be would the apropriate scenario?
No controller, just GUI + mouse? ok
Controller, GUI + moue? no crossfader in controller?
Sorry, but I don't see the use case. This skin is meant as an controller extension
Effects & Mixer are treated separately anyway..

So, forget about your other idea no_mixer/medium/full/crossfader_only ;) I'm glad FlatNite is quite simple until now..
Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Some facts I didn't consider.. Portrait mode is on my ToDo and when I have a touch screen available there'll be plenty of issues popping up
Then latest, I'll have a look what's going on touchsẃise in mixxx in general
Cheers!
r_o
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:27 am

Happy New Year!!

Updated to v35
gj23 wrote:The settings menu could be:
Channel Mixer:
---->None
---->Full
---->Crossfader only

Picked this one up, crossfader can be toggled independently. Channel mixer didn't change ;)
Plus a few other things. Check 1st post for details
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:15 pm

Updated to v36
* improved stability when toggling stacked waveforms
* styling
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby sohet » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:10 am

Hi Ronso, thank you for FlatNite. It is my favorite these days. I noticed two points.

* Left-click on BPM can enable sync temporally, but can not keep the state of "sync_enabled" even with long press. (And dispalying the state by some way may be helpfull)

* Star rating display can be turned off and saved as config, but again appears on startup despite the config.
sohet
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:17 am

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby gj23 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:44 am

ronso wrote:Happy New Year!!

Updated to v35
gj23 wrote:The settings menu could be:
Channel Mixer:
---->None
---->Full
---->Crossfader only

Picked this one up, crossfader can be toggled independently. Channel mixer didn't change ;)
Plus a few other things. Check 1st post for details


Hey thanks for the crossfader option! I don't really have an important use for it. I just dislike logos. :)
I like the new option to adjust the height of the waveforms! Very nice.

Earlier, when I suggested have "separate controls for crossfader, gain/volume and effects" I really meant "have separate controls for crossfader, gain/volume and EQ." Just for maximum modularity. :)

Requests:
How about an option to set the location of the "playhead" on the stacked waveforms? I'd usually like it ~75% towards the left.
How about an option so deck 1 & 2 have an identical layout? I'd prefer both decks have the waveform on top like the left deck does, but mostly I just want them to look the same. :D

Thanks for such neat work!!
gj23
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:10 am

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Updated to v37
* added Broadcast button/indicator
* isolated SkinSettings button, now next to the clock
* Library styling continued

gj23 wrote:Hey thanks for the crossfader option! I don't really have an important use for it. I just dislike logos. :)

Even the mixxx logo? ;) Then just delete it from /graphics folder!

gj23 wrote:I really meant "have separate controls for crossfader, gain/volume and EQ." Just for maximum modularity. :)

I know... :) I'll definetely work on that, but I'm not sure where to put Pfl button then. Below Vol fader, replacing Gain knob when EQs are disabled?

gj23 wrote:How about an option to set the location of the "playhead" on the stacked waveforms? I'd usually like it ~75% towards the left.

I remember there was some discussion about that, don't know if its possible. Maybe negative margin-left?

gj23 wrote:I'd prefer both decks have the waveform on top like the left deck does, but mostly I just want them to look the same.

I choose this layout so BIG waveforms can be easily related to decks, which makes even more sense to me when using 4 decks.
And I won't change it right now. Basically you could change the order of those elements in deck_left/right.xml

sohet wrote:Hi Ronso, thank you for FlatNite. It is my favorite these days.

Nice, you're welcome!

sohet wrote:Left-click on BPM can enable sync temporally, but can not keep the state of "sync_enabled" even with long press. (And dispalying the state by some way may be helpfull)

Proper Sync controls are on my ToDo. Where to put them? In a row with deck buttons (quantize, repeat etc.)?

sohet wrote:Star rating display can be turned off and saved as config, but again appears on startup despite the config.

Fixed.
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 pm

gj23 wrote:How about an option to set the location of the "playhead" on the stacked waveforms? I'd usually like it ~75% towards the left.

Okay, my guess was right: add this snippet to style.qss and adjust ABC to your liking (it must remain negative to shift left)
Code: Select all
#Waveform1, #Waveform2, #Waveform3, #Waveform4 {
   margin-left: -ABCpx;
}

Only tested with 2.1.0-alpha-pre (build master r6071)

To make this an useful option in SkinSettings
1) offset should be an relative value (like the 75% you mentioned) to make it work for various screen resolutions
2) this value should be configurable with a stepped slider or a spinbox
Don't see a way to do this right now, only fixed size would be possible, I'd say. Or maybe some ugly hack with a splitter...
So just use the snippet above for now.

Cheers!
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby sohet » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:47 pm

ronso wrote:
sohet wrote:Star rating display can be turned off and saved as config, but again appears on startup despite the config.

Fixed.

Thank you for quick fix!
ronso wrote:Proper Sync controls are on my ToDo. Where to put them? In a row with deck buttons (quantize, repeat etc.)?

Or just changing color (and background color) of BPM strings would be cool.
sohet
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:17 am

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:56 am

sohet wrote:Or just changing color (and background color) of BPM strings would be cool.

This would be cool for when Master Sync is on. Therefor I'll integrate buttons which define Sync Master/Follower. Set that up once, then everything will be in sync.
Because for simple use I'd really like to keep the "One-time sync deck to other playing deck" trigger when clicking BPM.

Stay tuned!
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:44 am

Updated to v38 see post #1 for details
most important changes:
* Loop, LoopRoll, BeatJump buttons (when disabled, there's still the minimal LoopIndicator)
* Sync control: Master/Follower (in 'Extra Deck Buttons' section next to 'Play')

As always, feedback is very welcome: bugs, ideas, styling issues

Enjoy!
User avatar
ronso
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Skins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest