Tango * super minimizable skin UPDATE

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: FlatNite * super minimizable skin UPDATE

Postby ronso » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:42 am

Fine, works on 2.1 r5996 as well!

I'm afraid I don't get your question..
If you click anything in SkinSettings you should see immediate changes in UI.
What is it that's not workin???

btw Updated to v30
ronso

Postby gj23 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:19 am

Thank you for making this skin. It's pretty much perfect for my needs. I use it on a 1920x1080 display and also a 1280x800 display.

I do have a suggestion:
Allow to hide *both* the album art and the spinners. This would allow more space for the side by side wave forms. It would also decrease the minimum screen width requirement, and maybe then I could use the skin on portrait mode on my 1280x800 tablet.
Thanks again.
gj23

Postby JosepMa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:27 pm

There is a small bug with the pitch sliders.

It assumes that a higher pitch is always upward and lower pitch downward, but this is actually an user selectable option (Vinyl decks used mostly downward for pitch increase. I'm not sure what initial CD decks used).
Check the other skins in case of doubt to solve this bug.
JosepMa

Postby ronso » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 pm

gj23 wrote:Allow to hide *both* the album art and the spinners. This would allow more space for the side by side wave forms. It would also decrease the minimum screen width requirement, and maybe then I could use the skin on portrait mode on my 1280x800 tablet.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the hint. This is a use case I didn't think of. Will give it a try.
Though, I think I set the minimum width due to the FX units. But only Xband EQ won't be fully usable then.

JosepMa wrote:It assumes that a higher pitch is always upward and lower pitch downward, but this is actually an user selectable option

Okay..I'll disable the <Invert> option for pitch slider for v32.
Actually I use it exactly the way you mention (down=faster) but I'm having trouble to get it work properly with my controller.
Probably this https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1606335
For anyone else affected I posted a workaround there.
ronso

Postby ronso » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Pitch slider is fixed, check it out.

@gj23 Decreasing minimum width below 800px is much more complex. Actually one could fork this skin for this very purpose (portrait mode), change FX units layout and what else and it could look nice. With some SizeAwareStacks one could squeeze those two skins into one, for sure!

I changed minSize in FX units etc. but left it @1010px in skin.xml because most of the stuff in lower half won't be usable as it is now.
If you don't need full FX controls and Samplers, just open 'skin.xml' and change '1010me' to something like '770me' for yourself.

updated to v32
cheers!
ronso

Postby ronso » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:25 pm

updated to v33
now I'll let it rest for a while. enjoy!

@gj23 how do you actually use it on tablet? which OS?
ronso

Postby Be. » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your skin. When you post a ZIP file, please include the FlatNite folder inside the ZIP file instead of just the contents of the folder. When I unzipped the file, the skin files were scattered all over my skins directory.

Also, it would be helpful to make the download easier to find in the first post, either by moving it to the very top or very bottom.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby ronso » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Whoopsy..good point. Thanks!
Updated.
ronso

Postby gj23 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 pm

ronso wrote:updated to v33
now I'll let it rest for a while. enjoy!

@gj23 how do you actually use it on tablet? which OS?

@ronso I'm using Windows 8.1, but I figure I'll end up using linux in the long run. I use a Numark DJ2GO to control a tiny $99 PC with a Z3736F CPU and a 7" (seven!) screen at 1280x800. It has a touch screen, but I control it with just the DJ2GO and either a mouse or trackpad.
I edited the .xml as you suggested, and it looks great in portrait mode! The minimum size for the column on the left of the library could be smaller by ~50% which would allow more room for the list of tracks. It looks like it's ~200px now, but 100px would be a more useful minimum.
Many thanks for making the spinners/art hideable! I love it.
This is the skin I would make if I were patient enough to code.
gj23

Postby ronso » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 pm

gj23 wrote:I edited the .xml as you suggested, and it looks great in portrait mode!

Cooool!

gj23 wrote:Many thanks for making the spinners/art hideable! I love it.

This was actually a real PITA since I had to rework..a lot. But I like challenges, especially on hangover sundays.

gj23 wrote:The minimum size for the column on the left of the library could be smaller by ~50% which would allow more room for the list of tracks. It looks like it's ~200px now, but 100px would be a more useful minimum.

Yes, it's "191min" right now in order to not crop the PreviewDeck with 8 HotCues enabled.
If you don't need PreviewDeck, have look at library.xml: near the top you'll find "Preview Search Cover Tree". Decrease "191min" to anything above "60min" and comment out or delete <Template src="skin:preview_deck.xml"/>
If you need it (or at least no/not ALL hotcues, decrease "191min" in preview_deck.xml accordingly.
Et voilà, you have a custom skin!

gj23 wrote:but I figure I'll end up using linux in the long run

You'll probably get more performance from this machine, especially if you use lowlateny kernels (or even rt_preempt kernels).
Good luck!
ronso

PreviousNext

Return to Skins