Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

Postby Pensive » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:05 pm

pi r squared wrote:You can map your own keyboard control to vinylcontrol_mode (ref. http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/mixx ... s#channeln), or presumably you can just use LateNight skin to set the mode and then switch to Gudron - it shouldn't lose the setting.

By the way, all skins are a product of someone's time and effort. The LateNight skin didn't just fall out of the sky. Even when you have a preference, please try to avoid brandishing someone's work as "ganky"...

I'm very sorry - I was trying to come across as humorous, but it's come across as insulting. That was not my intention, and it's not fair on the latenight theme or it's author(s). I'll amend my post.

Thanks for the help. I'll try that in the short term.

I might try and do it via midi so I can get feedback as well. I have a device which has rgb backlit arcade buttons (like a midi fighter spectra, but diy built) and it might be best to map the top four buttons to reflect the current vinyl mode and to switch them(Abs,Rel, Const, Passthrough). I'm sure that this is possible and I've been meaning to add a mixxx mode to the firmware anyway. I can use the remaining buttons for dicer-style functionality.
Pensive

Postby pwnlord187 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 pm

awesome skin!
too bad I cant download it :(
pwnlord187

Postby zezic » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:43 pm

pwnlord187 wrote:awesome skin!
too bad I cant download it :(

Sorry for that! New link: http://zezic.ru/mixxx/files/Gudron.zip

I just forgot that I have no HTTPS on current host setted up.
Thank you for response.
zezic

Postby Be. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 pm

If you attach the file to the first post of this thread, it will be available even if there are issues with your personal site. You could also fork mixxxdj/mixxx on GitHub and add your skin to the res/skins folder, which would make it easy to merge into Mixxx. However, it's cumbersome for people unfamiliar with GitHub to download a skin straight from GitHub that way.

As for effects, Mixxx 2.1 will have a new effects UI. It would be cool if you implemented it for this skin.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby zezic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 am

Be. wrote:If you attach the file to the first post of this thread, it will be available even if there are issues with your personal site. You could also fork mixxxdj/mixxx on GitHub and add your skin to the res/skins folder, which would make it easy to merge into Mixxx. However, it's cumbersome for people unfamiliar with GitHub to download a skin straight from GitHub that way.

As for effects, Mixxx 2.1 will have a new effects UI. It would be cool if you implemented it for this skin.

Nice! Filesize limitations now allow me to do this =) Updated first post.
I will look to the feature for free time to do FX's. Thank you.
zezic

Postby x2805 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 am

Question - been using this skin and it is wondwerfull. I try to use it on a tablet...
So on the decks the BPM display is to big. Lets say it is 123 - i see the 2 and part of 3, but not 123. Not that it's a big problem since i am cool with mixing, but nevertheless it would be better if i see it? How can i change the font to smaller?
x2805

Postby Pensive » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm

I've been hard at work adding vinyl control to the Gudron skin; Nearly finished

screenshot below - it does widen the deck transport if you like a thin layout - but it fits full screen on 1366*768 which is the lowest full screen resolution you'll likely encounter.

Vinyl on/off is working, passthrough is working, relative mode pops up but I'm missing bindings for Abs and Const modes when i click them and same goes for cue modes at present. still working on it :) I'll get it done and post it here.

I plan to add
[*]Coloured fade at top of waveform view to show status of vinyl mode (like the thin strip on latenight theme)
[*]Enable/Disable vinyl control on top bar - for people who don't like it cluttering up the interface
[*]Improve colour matching and font weight to better match brightness of other buttons on theme. ...I'll leave this until last as in an ideal world, the graphics would need to be updated using the master designs - but thats dependant on people liking it / wanting it (and zezic being willing to do so :) )

screenshot.png
screenshot.png (193.47 KiB) Viewed 2533 times

Thanks for an awesome theme zezic!
Pensive

Postby zezic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Pensive wrote:I've been hard at work adding vinyl control to the Gudron skin; Nearly finished

screenshot below - it does widen the deck transport if you like a thin layout - but it fits full screen on 1366*768 which is the lowest full screen resolution you'll likely encounter.

Vinyl on/off is working, passthrough is working, relative mode pops up but I'm missing bindings for Abs and Const modes when i click them and same goes for cue modes at present. still working on it :) I'll get it done and post it here.

I plan to add
[*]Coloured fade at top of waveform view to show status of vinyl mode (like the thin strip on latenight theme)
[*]Enable/Disable vinyl control on top bar - for people who don't like it cluttering up the interface
[*]Improve colour matching and font weight to better match brightness of other buttons on theme. ...I'll leave this until last as in an ideal world, the graphics would need to be updated using the master designs - but thats dependant on people liking it / wanting it (and zezic being willing to do so :) )

screenshot.png

Thanks for an awesome theme zezic!

Hey! Thank you for your job too. I think, I should upload vector sources and skin code to GitHub.
zezic

Postby Pensive » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:38 pm

That would be awesome :) :)
Pensive

Postby Pensive » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 am

Ouch - this is some slow going.....steep learning curve!!

Vinyl buttons are working now;

I've got the vinyl StatusLight working (technique used in LateNight) but when not in use it still takes up it's place in the waveform container, with a plain black background - i want it to vanish.
failing that PathBack, PathVU seem to suffer from some form of inheritance when i load background image and it fills the entire waveform container, and I can't do an inline style because the documentation doesn't tell me whic type of Qcontrol it is (while it is excellent in every other way!)

baby steps......tomorrow is another day....the little things take all the time.... =D
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (51.68 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
Pensive

PreviousNext

Return to Skins