Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

Postby DJNanoOhm » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Absolutely massive skin ! Started using yesterday and I'm totally addicted, beautiful stuff, good work my friend !
DJNanoOhm

Postby DJ AL3X » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Hey, any news on how it works with Windows 10, or if I just screwed up installing it? Also, I agree with that other guy that paralell waveforms would be great.
DJ AL3X

Postby zezic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:10 pm

DJ AL3X wrote:Hey, any news on how it works with Windows 10, or if I just screwed up installing it? Also, I agree with that other guy that paralell waveforms would be great.

Sorry, I just use Windows very rarely, I try it under Windows some day. Most likely it's something strange with way you got it installed.
Can you run Mixxx in console and copy output produced when this skin loading?
zezic

Postby DJ AL3X » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:50 pm

zezic wrote:
DJ AL3X wrote:Hey, any news on how it works with Windows 10, or if I just screwed up installing it? Also, I agree with that other guy that paralell waveforms would be great.

Sorry, I just use Windows very rarely, I try it under Windows some day. Most likely it's something strange with way you got it installed.
Can you run Mixxx in console and copy output produced when this skin loading?

Sure, but I'll try reinstalling it first.

Edit: Sorry! Must've been something wrong with my install, it works perfectly now!

Snazzy skin, thanks!
DJ AL3X

Postby zezic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:24 am

DJ AL3X wrote:Snazzy skin, thanks!

Thank you =)
zezic

Postby Kafuzke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm

I am totaly flashed from your work, looks very professionel. Thumbs up, this is now my favorite skin!

Best regards,
Kafuzke

PS: Installed on Win10, Mixxx 2.0 64bit.
Kafuzke

Postby vktec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:00 am

Beautiful theme! I'm missing FX support though; is that any closer to being implemented?
vktec

Postby Pensive » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:16 am

This skin looks EPIC - but the download is broken :-/

I'd love to give it a try
Pensive

Postby Pensive » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:37 am

Found a working link in a gihub convo:

http://zezic.ru/mixxx/files/Gudron.zip

I need vinyl settings ideally.....This skin makes mixxx look absolutely top class and should be the default bundled skin imho

I use DVS - so the mixer in the middle is pretty redundant for me; I prefer to use the hardware mixer for everything I can - that way I can still mix real vinyl without Mixxx, without changing my workflow.

What are the chances of adding a flip button to flip the middle mixer section between Mixer and Vinyl, offering a DVS specific bit in the middle with the vinyl control buttons/modes and the signal visuals? That would be AWESOME :) :) :)

EDIT: Deal breaker......
I can't find any keyboard shortcuts for changing the vinyl modes between abs / relative / const / Passthrough :(

Is there any way i can use this skin or do i have to go back to latenight for DVS control?
Last edited by Pensive on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pensive

Postby pi r squared » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Pensive wrote:EDIT: Deal breaker......
I can't find any keyboard shortcuts for changing the vinyl modes between abs / relative / const / Passthrough :(

Is there any way i can use this skin or do i have to go back to latenight for DVS control? :( :( :( it looks ganky compared to this one.

You can map your own keyboard control to vinylcontrol_mode (ref. http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/mixx ... s#channeln), or presumably you can just use LateNight skin to set the mode and then switch to Gudron - it shouldn't lose the setting.

By the way, all skins are a product of someone's time and effort. The LateNight skin didn't just fall out of the sky. Even when you have a preference, please try to avoid brandishing someone's work as "ganky"...
pi r squared

PreviousNext

Return to Skins