Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

Postby lucsampaio » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am

beautiful visuals and extremely friendly skin. I'll secon saklnikov on this being the new default
lucsampaio

Postby diskoselecta » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 am

We need that skin. The actual skins are so ugly. We need this new release from you.
PLease can you tell us when it will be ready ?
diskoselecta

Postby zezic » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:54 am

diskoselecta wrote:We need that skin. The actual skins are so ugly. We need this new release from you. work on it as soon as possible just after first release of my VCV Rack modules.

Wow, such interest here last time. Okay, if so, I will start to work on it as soon as possible, just after the first release of my VCV Rack modules. I need approx. 1 another week to release them, so I should start to work on new skin at May 1st. I will reply to this thread with update when it will be available.
zezic

Postby diskoselecta » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:56 pm

zezic wrote:
diskoselecta wrote:We need that skin. The actual skins are so ugly. We need this new release from you. work on it as soon as possible just after first release of my VCV Rack modules.

Wow, such interest here last time. Okay, if so, I will start to work on it as soon as possible, just after the first release of my VCV Rack modules. I need approx. 1 another week to release them, so I should start to work on new skin at May 1st. I will reply to this thread with update when it will be available.

thanks a lot for the quick answer. :D thanks again for telling us about updates.
diskoselecta

Postby Mixxx MIxxxermannn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:18 pm

I really like the basic design, but have a few issues that others might share.

-On every other mixer design, whether physical or virtual, gain/trim controls are at the top of the channel strip, and filter knobs tend tend to be at the bottom, below the eq section. It would be easier to use if this was also implemented for Gudron.

-Gudron works well enough for 2 decks (plus sample, etc sections), but not for 4 deck setups, because the mixer controls take up more than one column. It might be easier to use if all the mixer controls for each channel were in a single column. The two column design also crowds the pfl/cue button

-The Cue section is labelled pfl in some controls, phones in others. I think "PFL" could be confusing to those who have no idea what the letters mean, especially as there is not after fade listening function in such mixing software. How about simply using the "Cue" label or headphone symbol?

-Can the crossfader be turned off and removed? I currently use a 2 deck controller, but never a crossfader.

-Do the effect sections need as much vertical space as the track waveforms?

-Can the channel meters be a different color than white? Even better, can they change color, depending on how loud the signal is, similar to multi-color metering on other mixers?

Please don't take these suggestions as a harsh critique. The overall design is much easier to look at than other skins :)
Mixxx MIxxxermannn

Postby diskoselecta » Wed May 01, 2019 12:07 pm

as a suggestion I would also notice that the overall waveform is too small. I'm using most of the time deere now, but I'm not using other waveform than the overall one.
diskoselecta

Postby Voltare » Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 am

New user here using your skin Zezic

It's spectacular. Great job.

Would be cool to have the beatmatch waveform display, but it's not essential.

Cheers.
Voltare

Previous

Return to Skins