Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Skin - Gudron for Mixxx 2.0

Postby Pensive » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:50 pm

I've noticed the skin doesn't _quite_ fit the screen in 1366*768, with my vinyl buttons added :(

The deck 2 cue buttons slip off the side of the screen. It's a shame as once the graphics are refined it would be a pretty flawless addition in keeping with the skin.
But it doesn't fit on my laptop screen and i can't afford a new laptop =D - so it's no good.

I think a new row will need to be prepared to go underneath which features vinyl control and access to many more hotcue buttons. All of which to turn on and off via todo item 2).

Other things I have my eye on are

1) Create a new row of buttons underneath the decks with vinyl control and at least 4 more hotcues - preferably the full 16.
2) Enable/Disable vinyl control menu item operational, enabling/ disabling the Vinyl Statuslight object anditem 1)
3) Redo my added graphics with the correct master files.
4) Effects Rack support
5) Re-visit the Vinyl StatusLight and re-implement as a visible/invisible button element or similar - anything that will make it go away when you disable the vinyl control. This might not be necessary depending on the implementation of 2).
6) A clickable button on the top bar which doubles (or *1.5) the vertical height of the waveforms on the decks
7) a clickable button which enables a stacked waveform view at the top of the page, running the full width of the screen.
8) Samplers currently using deprecated Old Synchronise (presumably because this skin is a development of a skin from the previous version of Mixxx). It could do with updating to use Master Sync.

This skin is so pretty it's a shame to leave it missing features :)
Pensive

Postby Pensive » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Got the binding working for enable / disable vinyl control.

Before i fundamentally change everything - here's a working and pretty version of Gudron with DVS vinyl functionality.
Attachments
Gudron VinylMod beta 4.zip
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
Pensive

Postby pwnlord187 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm

this guys skins should be default and mainpage of the app
pwnlord187

Postby Pensive » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Since my previous mod didn't fit properly on my own monitor, I've reinvented the mod with smaller buttons in another location. A little crowded, but the graphics are now virtually indistinguishable from the original stuff.

You can also my extra button at the top right for big waveform mode. Not sure exactly how to do that yet but im pretty sure I can work it onto the stacked widget system used in the original design.

screenshotb5.png
screenshotb5.png (174.81 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
Pensive

Postby diskoselecta » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:16 am

I really LOVE this skin !!

IF only someone could implement the effect rack it would be neat !
diskoselecta

Postby zezic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:20 am

diskoselecta wrote:I really LOVE this skin !!

IF only someone could implement the effect rack it would be neat !

I hope, someday I will have time to create the continuation of this style and implement my new design.
zezic

Postby dogo77 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 pm

zezic wrote:I hope, someday I will have time to create the continuation of this style and implement my new design.

zezic, i still use your skin as my default skin and i'd LOVE to see you working again on this. If there is anything i/we could do about it…let us know!
the standard mixxx skins are ok and packed with all cool stuff, but gudron is slick and eye pleasing.
please please start developing again… :P
archlinux x86_64 · mixxx1.11 · american audio vms4
dogo77

Postby zezic » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:39 pm

dogo77 wrote:zezic, i still use your skin as my default skin and i'd LOVE to see you working again on this. If there is anything i/we could do about it…let us know!
the standard mixxx skins are ok and packed with all cool stuff, but gudron is slick and eye pleasing.
please please start developing again… :P

Hi there, dogo77! I'm glad that you still enjoying my design and at the same time my heart hurts because of so long silence from me in Mixxx skin dev area.

At the moment I'm very infatuated by designing and developing modules for VCV Rack. However I've done some work at brainstorming Mixxx UI and you can see some new mockups here: https://imgur.com/a/EUPCQHf

So, by lucky coincidence, currently I'm getting familiar with C++ development and I think that soon, with all the new knowledge I got and understanding of how things work, I will be able to continue developing Mixxx skins at the new scope of vision. I think, it should help me alot, sometimes it's much easier and clear to write implementation of some additional functions for Mixxx skin engine rather than to use hacks.
zezic

Postby dogo77 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 pm

zezic wrote:Hi there, dogo77! I'm glad that you still enjoying my design and at the same time my heart hurts because of so long silence from me in Mixxx skin dev area.

Nice too see that you are still looking in this forum and take your time to answer begging-posts like mine! :lol:
zezic wrote:At the moment I'm very infatuated by designing and developing modules for VCV Rack. However I've done some work at brainstorming Mixxx UI and you can see some new mockups here: https://imgur.com/a/EUPCQHf

And this, Gentleman, is exactly what i meant by asking for further development of Gudron!!! Instantly fell in love with the middle Variant of Skeuomorphic UI Mockup, maybe withe an option to display the Album Cover where now is written A and B? But even without – This skin is dope in code.

…and thanks for pointing me tot VCV, never heard of this before…
zezic wrote:So, by lucky coincidence, currently I'm getting familiar with C++ development and I think that soon, with all the new knowledge I got and understanding of how things work, I will be able to continue developing Mixxx skins at the new scope of vision. I think, it should help me alot, sometimes it's much easier and clear to write implementation of some additional functions for Mixxx skin engine rather than to use hacks.

i understand that and i appreciate quality over quickshots – still i cordially hope that it won't take long that you have the muse to code that skin. ;)

thanks again for your reply,
yours
dogo
archlinux x86_64 · mixxx1.11 · american audio vms4
dogo77

Postby upCASE » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:32 am

Hi!

Brilliant skin, I love it. Very clean and stylish. All it needs to be my personal standard would be FX...
Please continue this great work and thanks for your efforts!

Best,
upCASE
upCASE

Previous

Return to Skins