DARK METAL Skin

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: [DARK METAL] - Color Schemes - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.6

Postby sblaisot » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 am

Regarding sync, you have two buttons :
- sync beat/tempo/BPM
- sync key

There are two little black rectangle to activate sync, below the "sync" text and next to the +0.00 (BPM offset) and key (like Em#)

sblaisot

Postby jorgerosa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:45 pm

sblaisot - I´ve noticed that you DONT have the included "digital font" installed in your system. That helps a LOT to make the visuals pretty... ;)
sblaisot "(...) There are two little black rectangle to activate sync (...)" - Yep, one for BPM sync, other for KEY sync... Or... am I missing something?... :?:
In your image, how the "heck" do you have that elements description?... Dont tell me there is a GUI for QT or Mixxx development... If there is... I´ll trow someone in deep ocean!!!... :cry:
jorgerosa

Postby sblaisot » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi jorgerosa,

Yes, I know I didn't installed the font. on THAT computer on which I don't use mixxx too much. not yet...
I have the font installed on my main computer.

I was responding about sync to previous post telling he didn't find the way to make sync work ;)

To have that extended tooltip, start Mixxx with --developer command-line option and simply put the mouse on an element and wait for the tooltip ;)
see "Start Mixxx in developer mode: Mixxx –developer to see extended tooltips for skinner and a menu item and keyboard shortcut to reload changes in skin.xml" in http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/creating_skins
please choose someone else than me to be thrown in deep ocean :-D
sblaisot

Postby jorgerosa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:39 pm

"(...) I was responding about sync to previous post (...)" - Well, its true... I really should read more... :roll:
"(...) start Mixxx in developer mode (...)" - No worries, I´ll only trow a little dev to a bathtub, for my angry, will be enought for now...
Thanks again for the great tips and urls, sblaisot !!! :)

Thanks snorhyvel! :) ... SYNC deck buttons were expanded (you can now click on theirs texts too). :geek:
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL] - 27 Colors - SVG - 980x350 Resizable!

Postby Steph » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Thank you Jorge for the Super and the Mix button on the effects. I did not download today's version yet. (I'm at work), but looks like you have further improved the Effects section.. I can't wait to see it :)

While working on the Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping, I noticed what may either be a bug or something not yet implemented with the Library button that expand the Library to use the full window. In your skin, the feature is there and works, but if I try to map the "Library" button to a controller button, it does not work.

The following code: "engine.setValue("[Master]","maximize_library",1)" produces the desired effect in Deere Skin, but does not work in yours. Any idea what would cause this?

Thanks
Steph
Steph

Postby jorgerosa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Steph (...)"but does not work in yours. Any idea what would cause this?"(...) - Yep, I know exactly why doesnt work. You should do:
Code: Select all
// Minimizes the library:
engine.setValue("[Hifi]","show",1)

Code: Select all
// Maximizes the library:
engine.setValue("[Hifi]","show",0)

Why I voided the "old" way? Because I´ve read about a bug, commented in Deree skin too, that says: "Fixed is interesting here. Ignore is the only thing that lets it shrink to nothing." That sounds like that something needs to be corrected (maybe on Mixxx or in QT)...
So I´ve opted by the "show", it hits the widget´s "visible" property, this way its simple, clean and never fails ;)
Report the result after you apply this, please. Should work 200%, but............... Thanks! :)
jorgerosa

Postby Steph » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:11 am

Hello Jorge,

I just tried it and it works 200% ! I will include a configuration option in my script for the users to specify the skin they use and then code accordingly. Unless there is a way to get the name of the skin in use with engine.getvalue... If that is possible, it will prevent having to edit options everytime someone want to use a different skin.

Thanks
Steph
Steph

Postby Steph » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Hello Jorge

Do you think it would be possible to add Slip Mode to your skin? Deere is the only one that currently has it:
Image.

It could be in the same location on your skin:

Thanks
Steph
Steph

Postby jorgerosa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:44 am

Steph (...)"add Slip Mode"(...) - Done.
Slip Mode buttons were added. Please note that I had to reduce all the other buttons in that row, so small screen users may see them too, without any ugly graphics overlaps. Its not my case, but everything must fit nice for resolutions from 980 pixeis width... (I´ll follow this "rule" as far as possible...) ;)
jorgerosa

Postby fmdude » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello Jorge,
I know that the idea of the Grey (Metal) color scheme is to be minimal and I love it! Is my fave! But may be you could create a version giving some more life to the waves, based in different tones of white, black , grey, etc. It becomes a bit boring only with the white.
fmdude

PreviousNext

Return to Skins