DARK METAL Skin

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: [DARK METAL Skin] - Racks - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.0

Postby Fortuna » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Jorge,

This is my first post also so... Hi everyone :)

I'm very new to this world and Mixxx obviously caught my attention (being free and all :) )

As I've discovered this skin I've been using it and I have yet another suggestion to (as the ones above are not enough :D

Can you enable the long waves just for the number of deck in use? Seeing 4 with only two decks is a waste of screen real estate.

Thank you for the wonderful skin

/edit just noticed that using space the library doesn't go full screen which adds to my point.
Fortuna

Postby jorgerosa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:15 am

(...) Miniplayers: Choose between open the 4 players or only 2 (...) - Done.
(...) Miniplayers: Show remaining time in the song and band and song names, not only song name (...) - Done.
(...) The top shortcut bar: Shortcut to autodj don’t work, only work when I select autodj in the left menu (...) - Yep, I´ve noticed that too, but its an internal Mixxx issue (Even Im not fan of hacks, I´ll try to "hack" it, maybe something similar as I´ve done to have the analog VUs, if possible. BUT only until devs fix that issue, of course)
(...) The color: Choose between the red or the purple (...) - Done.
(...) Waves: enable the long waves just for the number of decks (...) - Done.
Be welcome Fortuna + Thanks for the reports, guys. :roll:
Last edited by jorgerosa on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgerosa

Postby sblaisot » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:12 am

sblaisot

Postby jorgerosa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:50 pm

sblaisot wrote:Maybe you can use color scheme: https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/skin_co ... nipulation

Just read and tried with my code here... I think, this is exactly what we were looking for, so we will get this working just like the way we want to!
The only "issue" is it doesnt apply color changes to all the skin elements, I´ll digg in an workaround. If not possible, I´ll redraw those skin elements with "neutral" colors (black/white/greys/etc...). Thanks for the great tip! :D
[EDIT] Color schemes: Done. (Its experimental yet, but...)
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL Skin] - Racks - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.1

Postby Fortuna » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:22 am

Serious work there.
Thanks

Now I need to solve my ASIO not working with my new ddj-sb2 (it works with serato and rekordbox) but in another thread
Fortuna

Re: [DARK METAL] - Color Schemes - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.4

Postby daschuer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:46 am

Wow, I am again impressed. I did not know that the colour schemas work that nice.
I like dark orange and the original red the most. Dark orange is IMHO more old school than puple. ;)

I have just noticed one thing: The regions of the VU meter, original green yellow and read have actually a meaning.
http://www.mixxx.org/manual/latest/chap ... mixxx.html
It would be nice if we could reflect this in your own colours in the DarkMetal VU meters as well. The Shade skin can be you reference.
Some analogue types have an embedded LED for clipping:
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/mitch ... r.jpg.html
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Re: [DARK METAL] - Color Schemes - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.4

Postby jorgerosa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Thanks Fortuna & daschuer! :)

daschuer wrote:(...) I like dark orange and the original red the most. (..)
- They are my favourites too... plus the GREY !!! The grey color scheme could be not visually helpful as the others color schemes are... BUT... it gives (to me) that classical Metropolis (1927 movie) feeling... 8-)
Note: I opted for the purple, not because its my favourite color (it isnt at all), only after a month look to my screen with that bright "screamy" reds everyday, when I was coding, that was already "killing" me. All colors are great... In the "right" propotions...
(I had big luck with these purple colors. Later, when doing the color schemes, the fact that they contrast so great with blacks and whites, becomes to be, after all, the best choice to achieve the great results with the Mixxx internal color processing... Yep, sometimes to have luck helps a bit too...)
;)

daschuer wrote:(...) regions of the VU meter, original green yellow and read have actually a meaning (...)
- I was supicious about that, now that I know for sure, I´ll try to set them correctly as them should be.
- (The references URLS that you send are pure gold to me, like the above one, from sblaisot, that allowed me create that color schemes. No matter how I digg, most of the times, I just can´t find the right stuff, because I cant even type the right "technical words" in the seach engines. Avoids me to waste too many time in find trash stuff. Thankyou guys!)

daschuer wrote:(...) embedded LED for clipping (..)
...and... also that nice visual "red zone" (as shown in your image). This is already in my agenda.
- The "issue": The analog VUs are "hacked" <KnobComposed> elements (thats why their pointers act very smoothly). Only insted of being value senders, as the other "common" knobs are, they are values receivers. And to be disabled (not clicable by mouse) there is an layer with exactly same dimensions, over them. This layer works like the clipping (but instead of a led, they display the letters A,B,C or D that changes the color when audio is clipping ("too loud"). I agree that a led would be visually functional and great too).
- To have a really nice "red zone" in the VUs: I´ve been trying to send to that buttons 2 different values. Atm, they only receive from [ChannelX],VuMeter, but i want a way that they add (sum) the values from [ChannelX],PeakIndicator too.
Note: I have already an idea to do that "sum", I´ll try it soon, to see if it works.....
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL] - Color Schemes - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.5

Postby Steph » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:27 am

Hi Jorge,

Thank you fot the great work you are doing. Your skin is now my default with the dark orange color! :) The one improvement i could see that is missing is in the effect section. If we could see the effect chains, super knob and mix ratio like the Deere skin, this would be perfect! Also currently we can only see 2 effects per rack instead of three.
Steph

Re: [DARK METAL] - Color Schemes - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.5

Postby jorgerosa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:44 am

Thanks Steph! :)

(...) super knob and mix ratio (...) - Done!
(...) Also currently we can only see 2 effects per rack instead of three (...) Eeerrr... - NOT Done!
I ´ve been trying to do that, but I´m missing something. These effects framework arent colaborating with me, so... If anyone could help, please post some code or edit the XML and attach it here, (Just in case... effectcs XMLs are at "DarkMetal\templates\06_effects" & "07_effects") my little brain and the whole world would appreciate!... Thanks!

Resolution: Other thing, form now Dark Metal skin can handle resolutions from 980x350 (many people being ask for this :geek: I´ve lost 8 from my 9 lives doing this...), but no worries, for big screen resolution users (like me), the skin still always fit nicelly as it should be! :ugeek:
Remember: Dark Metal skin is made of... Metal! So... no accordion effects! Elements may overlap, but now you have only 8.743.686.437.843.586 (and counting) buttons to make thinks fit nice in all circunstances, ok?
jorgerosa

Re: [DARK METAL] - Color Schemes - Resizable - SVG - v.2.8.6

Postby snorhyvel » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:13 am

Thanks for a very nice skin. I've tested some versions now, and I'm on the latest now. In every version I can't get the sync buttons to work. Can I fix this myself, I really need them?

SOLVED! I found out that the button wasn't where it said sync, but a bit down from that :P
Last edited by snorhyvel on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
snorhyvel

PreviousNext

Return to Skins