DARK METAL Skin (12-June-2018)

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: DARK METAL Skin: 31-October-2017 (+3 Softwares)

Postby Be. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:54 pm

There's a lot of work to do on this skin (as in, at least several weeks of reviewing and revising) before it would be polished and ready to include in Mixxx. It seems that jorgerosa doesn't have time to get that done any time soon, but if anyone else wants to contribute, that would be welcome. Refer to the discussion on these pull requests:
https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/1318
https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/1179

If you need help setting up Git to work on this skin, feel free to ask.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby kazakore » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:45 pm

I have a Git but I don't think I have time to be delving into this just now. Nice to know it's been thought about and there are some guidelines for what needs to be done so hopefully it will come :)
kazakore

Postby jorgerosa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:04 am

kazakore wrote:Are you planning on getting Tool Tips working on this skin? And the Space Bar to expand/collapse the larger Library?
Thankyou kazakore + Sure kazakore. Since the tips and that space bar "thing" is the "standard" in all the other skins. And its really useful for many people too indeed.
I haven´t added them yet, because will take a long time to do it at this moment. Like Be. said, my issue is only time (I have a little baby). So any help is really very very welcome! This skin intends to be: made by everyone for everyone :)

Note: Valid for everyone - If you dont have "skills" to work with Github (then you are just like me) just download the skin, improve it, as you want to, then send it to me (post the URL here, or send it to my email: [email protected]) I´ll upload it asap in Github and Sourceforge. Thanks!
jorgerosa

Postby jorgerosa » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone + Good musics!
Note: I´ve just updated "IMP - Irrlicht Music Player" with some new christmas musics too.
( Mostly to entretain the kids in this season... I realy need to! )
Download it here --> https://sourceforge.net/projects/irrlichtmp
Have fun! :) :) :)
jorgerosa

Postby ronack » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:01 am

In testing I wrote up a bug report about the sampler play button, I use Dark Metal. This is the reply from one of the developers.

"It seems DarkMetal does not use the right Control for the sampler play button. The sampler play button should play from the sampler's cue point. If any of the official skins do not do that, please let us know."
ronack

Postby jorgerosa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:21 am

ronack wrote:In testing I wrote up a bug report about the sampler play button, I use Dark Metal. This is the reply from one of the developers.
"It seems DarkMetal does not use the right Control for the sampler play button. The sampler play button should play from the sampler's cue point. If any of the official skins do not do that, please let us know."
OK, thankyou for report it. I am almost sure that is the same code in other skin (I think its from Deree), since I´ve copy/pasted the controls... BUT... I´ll check that indeed. :)
jorgerosa

Postby kazakore » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 am

Since 2.1 went Beta I've been getting occasional issues with this skin forgetting its settings. Most notably the colour setting repeatedly changes to being the grey one at the top of the list (I usually use Dark Yellow) but it has also on occasion changed the visible components on the main screen.

Nearly always happens if I've changed my audio devices connected and due to the way the Linux port works this forces you to reconfigure audio settings even if the systems settings are the same. At times it seems to have happened without this being done though.
kazakore

Postby Be. » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:01 pm

That is likely a regression caused by recent changes to the preferences. Does that also happen with the Shade skin?
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby kazakore » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Be. wrote:That is likely a regression caused by recent changes to the preferences. Does that also happen with the Shade skin?

I mentioned it elsewhere and was asked to report it to the skin developer hence the post here. I will trying leaving the Shade skin in use for a little while and see if I see anything similar though....
kazakore

Postby kazakore » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I think I have found two bugs with this skin which don't seem to be reported, they aren't mentioned in your ToDo list and searching the forum for Dark Metal plus relevant search terms doesn't bring up anything related.

1. The tooltips render ontop of previous tooltip, rather than clearing/starting from scratch. This is most noticeable in the Library areas and results in unreadable text. Also visible in the main mixer section if rolling over for tooltips on buttons which are close to each other.

2. The stretching of the parallel waveforms sometimes gets broken and only resizes on speeding tracks up, not on slowing them down, so that they do not align with each other correctly. It appears to be occasionally triggered with use of setting the beatgrid to a new position, which is something I'm having to do a lot of at the moment due to the previous Mixxx bug having analysed the waveforms wrong and thus me having many tracks with beatgrid and cue markers in the wrong place. I have to load a standard skin (eg Tango) and play with the function and then back to Dark Metal to fix it....

Using latest Dark Metal (I think) on Ubuntu Studio 16.04 x64 and latest Mixxx 2.1 beta.
kazakore

PreviousNext

Return to Skins