darker Shade mods: ShadeDarker - UPDATES

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

darker Shade mods: ShadeDarker - UPDATES

Postby RAWRR » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:08 pm

I just threw together a mod of ShadeDark in a couple sizes I use, I wanted something darker. By no means professional work, but maybe someone else will like it.

Edit: I re-uploaded cleaned up versions of the skins, they both previously had cramped library borders at the lower edge (a carryover from Shade&ShadeDark which have them) and I changed the skin names in skin.xml to reflect the mod.

Enjoy!

ShadeDarker v.1
Attachments
ShadeDarker1024x768-XGA.7z
(88.4 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
ShadeDarker1024x600-Netbook.7z
(88.36 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
RAWRR

Re: darker Shade mods: ShadeDarker - UPDATES

Postby RAWRR » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:35 am

UPDATE:

I still like the older styles of skins, so I've mostly stuck with them over time. I finally got around to modifying some of the newer Shade versions so that ShadeDarker can now be resizable.

Also included is a more subdued mod I made of Shade, inspired more by it's included "Dark" color scheme.

These are still not fully featured, for instance the waveforms don't expand when the spinnies are turned off. I've just realized a more recent version of Shade has corrected these problems and also has added features such as toggles for samplers and effects. I'll *eventually* get to updating these accordingly.

ShadeDark (mod) v2
ShadeDark.7z
(203.93 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

ShadeDarker v.2
ShadeDarker.7z
(214.96 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

ShadePinkPlayset will be along someday hopefully, but it's a bit more complicated to apply to the new skin scheme than ShadeDarker was.
RAWRR

Postby daschuer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:02 pm

This looks really interesting.
Did you do it by directly editing the pngs?

I see a chance to merge this to master, if we make it a color schema of the stock Shade skin. We have recently added the feature of color schema qss files.
Are the existing png filters sufficient to implement this colour, or do you miss a feature?
I would be happy to help and add a missing filter?
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby RAWRR » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:00 am

Some of it was editing the .png files, other parts required editing the scripts. I'd love to see these get into master as schemas! It should wait until I can get around to porting them to the newer versions with expandable waveforms though.

Honestly I have no idea when I'll have the free time. But I'll look you up if I need help when I do get to it, thanks!
RAWRR

Return to Skins