conceptual wireframe - vertical layout

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

conceptual wireframe - vertical layout

Postby lucsampaio » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:12 pm

i see most layouts are pretty much variations that, at least from my experience, do not make the best use of space in a landscape rectangle. (Iḿ not saying horizontal layouts are bad. I just feel - from my good old times in webdesign before there was CSS - that there is a potential untapped in verticalizing the interface. I'm yet to go through the XML/CSS for actually get designing a skin, but I felt like getting some input from the awesome people around here in this quick (somewhat quick actually) wireframe I began jostling around in inkscape....

thoughts, ideas, suggestions, pointers to already existing vertical layouts are all greatly appreciated.
Attachments
wireframe.png
vertical concept
wireframe.png (208.65 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
lucsampaio

Re: conceptual wireframe - vertical layout

Postby daschuer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 am

Great, I like this idea.
There is only an issue with the current library, that it relies on the horizontal layout to have all relevant track details in sight. We are currently working on a redesign of the library area, that should finally allow to brake this limitations.
The fee space has a great potential. We put there controls for advanced track transitions in Auto DJ mode,
A track suggestion feature, streaming resources or just a lyrics display.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Re: conceptual wireframe - vertical layout

Postby lucsampaio » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Yeah, the library would end up with just few cols like performer, title, BPM, base note and maybe classification would fit (which is actually pretty ok for, as an amateur that every once in while plays at the stage.) Also I can't say fif there is enought roomuntil i find a pixel-dimension-setter for ubuntu linux, and maybe even then the 17" 1080p screen cannot b taken fully at heart at simulations. I plan on jumpstart the skin 4real by the weekend, let u gnuys know of any progress,
lucsampaio

Return to Skins