Dinamic hiding of the library and multiscreen

New or modified Mixxx skins

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Dinamic hiding of the library and multiscreen

Postby Apocalypse480 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi everyone, in these days I am trying to set up a skin and I was wondering how to make te library section visible and invisible by pressing something from the controller.
Can a skin be dinamically changed and updated without reopening or resetting something?

Another question is if I can use multiple screens, for example displaying some elements on one e some others on the other one. In the past I read it was impossible, is it now possible with new versions of Mixxx?

If all those things are impossible to do using just the XML skin files, can they be made using a sort of script of something else?

Thanks. :)
Apocalypse480

Re: Dinamic hiding of the library and multiscreen

Postby kazakore » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Apocalypse480 wrote:Hi everyone, in these days I am trying to set up a skin and I was wondering how to make te library section visible and invisible by pressing something from the controller.

[library] maximize_library
https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/mixxxcontrols
Although I found a minor bug I forgot to log when adding this to my controller. It only works properly after restarting Mixxx after adding it to the controller script (same with the other GUI functions I added.)

Can a skin be dinamically changed and updated without reopening or resetting something?

You mean when editing the xml? Not automatically. But if you open Mixxx using the --developer argument there is an extra menu item which has the option to reload the Skin, which is a lot quicker than any other way.

Another question is if I can use multiple screens, for example displaying some elements on one e some others on the other one. In the past I read it was impossible, is it now possible with new versions of Mixxx?

Not yet but hopefully very soon.......
kazakore

Postby Apocalypse480 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Thank you kazakore, very helpful :)
Do you know where an exaustive and complete manual for skin creation can be found?

Thanks.
Apocalypse480

Postby kazakore » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:39 pm

There is this guide on the wiki.

https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/creating_skins
kazakore

Return to Skins