Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby josephk » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 pm

got an error message with the latest Steph script:

Code: Select all
Uncaught exception at line 1393 in file /home/alex/.mixxx/controllers/Numark-Mixtrack-3-scripts.js: TypeError: Result of expression 'group' [undefined] is not an object.

any idea?

EAGERLY waiting for Mixxx 2.1.. do you know more or less when it will be released? Many stuff to fix here.
josephk

Postby Be. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 pm

A modified Mixtrack (Pro) 3 mapping was just merged with the master git branch making use of the new effects UI in Mixxx 2.1. The latest builds from the build server have it included (although it looks like 32 bit Windows builds are not working right now). For now, you'll need to use the Deere skin to use the new effects controls and mapping (the other skins have not been updated yet). The wiki page has a description of changes in the mapping.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby mixonmixoff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:24 pm

josephk wrote:got an error message with the latest Steph script:

Code: Select all
Uncaught exception at line 1393 in file /home/alex/.mixxx/controllers/Numark-Mixtrack-3-scripts.js: TypeError: Result of expression 'group' [undefined] is not an object.

any idea?

EAGERLY waiting for Mixxx 2.1.. do you know more or less when it will be released? Many stuff to fix here.

There were a few bugs like this that are fixed and now merged into the 2.1-alpha build.
mixonmixoff

Postby DubmasterBluebear » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I have downloaded the latest mappings and have been playing with it a bit. It's pretty awesome and the folks here have done amazing work! There were a couple of small things though...

1) I don't like how the smartpfl works and does not let you use the pfl on both decks. I have disabled it in the .js file, but I'm still not able to use both, which is what I would like. I know I could use the knob to control pfl/main mix, but that does not work for me. Although I'm no programmer I have basic knowledge of programming and could compare a previous version of the .js file where I could enable both buttons with the new one, but I thought I would ask... I really miss this function.

2) I played around with 4 decks a little, but soft takeover was not working for me. Whenever I would play with one of the faders its position would change right away, jumping to the new position (if I'm on deck one, put the fader all the way up, then switch to deck three, as soon as I move the fader it jumps to being all the way up), which is not how that's supposed to work if I understand correctly. I'll play with it again tonight and try again. Is anyone else having this issue or does the soft takeover seem to be working?

Again, great work on this mapping. I'm very pleased with it.
DubmasterBluebear

Postby Be. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Which version of the mapping and which version of Mixxx are you using, DubmasterBluebear?

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby DubmasterBluebear » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:06 am

I am using Mixxx 2.0.0 and the latest version of the mapping/script downloaded from this forum, version 2.2.
DubmasterBluebear

Postby CosmicEgg494 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:40 am

I'm still having an issue with the right jog wheel always being in pitch change mode. I've tried reinstalling everything as well as editing the variable pitch change when wheel button isn't pressed to false in the js file. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I could use it to seek/scratch on virtual dj when I had the free trial. Anyone else having this issue?
CosmicEgg494

Postby Be. » Sat May 13, 2017 11:22 am

CosmicEgg494 wrote:I'm still having an issue with the right jog wheel always being in pitch change mode. I've tried reinstalling everything as well as editing the variable pitch change when wheel button isn't pressed to false in the js file. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I could use it to seek/scratch on virtual dj when I had the free trial. Anyone else having this issue?

Do you have that issue with the mapping included in recent 2.1 alpha builds?

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby CosmicEgg494 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Be. wrote:

Yeah I still have the same issue
CosmicEgg494

Postby Be. » Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 pm

CosmicEgg494 wrote:
Be. wrote:

Yeah I still have the same issue

Are you sure you're using the updated mapping? I think you'll need to pick Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 from the drop down menu in the Preferences again and click Apply. Changes in the new mapping are described on the wiki page.

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings