Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:35 am

That's a pretty cool feature. I'm not missing the Platinum so much anymore. Still looks like an awesome controller, especially if the top feels like vinyl. But you gave me what i've been wanting in the MTP3- 4 DECK control!!!!!! SO awesome!!!
By the way I have to put this one Windows 10, MacBook Air Sierra and Ubuntu 15.04...need to upgrade my Ubuntu.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:29 am

Glad to hear it's working good! Having used both mappings (1.8 and 2.0), would you say that the 2.0 version should be the version shipping with Mixxx? I have a pull request for version 1.8 but I am thinking of this version should replace it as it is a more complete mapping.
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:26 pm

Steph wrote:Glad to hear it's working good! Having used both mappings (1.8 and 2.0), would you say that the 2.0 version should be the version shipping with Mixxx? I have a pull request for version 1.8 but I am thinking of this version should replace it as it is a more complete mapping.

I would say why not both but just because it has 4 decks doesn't mean the DJ will use those extra decks. Go with 2.0 for feature options... It's the computer tech in me.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:51 pm

No, but the 4 deck version has all the features of the 2 deck version, plus a few more. The only thing that 2 deck version has that the 4 deck doesn't have is Shift Lock and the option to have the TAP button flash to the beat of the music. This way, only one map would have to be maintained.
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Those are 2 features I never paid much attention to. Flash to the beat I can see a use for it but my internal beat counter can be used. Lol
What's the advantage of SHIFT Lock?
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Other than being really confusing with 4 decks? None that I can think of, that is actually why I took it out. The only use I can see is maybe with the Icut feature that DJ Chloé had implemented (but I don't use that). The ICUT is triggered by holding shift and scratching the wheel.
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:44 am

I-can-cut on my own. Lol I have to learn how to use the effects...not something I've ever had access to in the past.
aDJnamedCorey

Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby Drezdenmpy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:31 pm

I am trying to get a map for my numark mixtrack pro for either PCDJ VJ or PCDJ DEX2, I found the XML file from previous posts but do not know how to load it and get it working as I need to use tonight because my old controler broke,

Please can someone help me ASAP.

Cheers
Ash
Drezdenmpy

Postby Steph » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Mappings created for MIXXX will only work with MIXXX as every software is different. The only thing that can be reused is the knowledge of which midi note each controls sends in order to created a new mapping for PCDJ. You should check the support forums of PCDJ for mappings specific to their product.
Steph

Postby Steph » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:47 am

Here is version 2.1 of the Mixtrack (Pro) 3mapping.
Added configuration option for effect mapping based on skin used added.

// Effects mode
// 1 for multi-effect mode (3 effects controlled in each EffectUnit, best used with Deere Skin)
// 2 for single effect mode (1 effect controlled in each EffectUnit, best used with skins other than Deere)
var FXmode = 1; // multi-effect mode by default
Attachments
Numark-Mixtrack-3 V2.1.zip
(20.94 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Steph

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings