Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby Be. » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:40 am

You may have set your audio buffer lower than your system can handle. Also, you may not be using the best sound API for your setup (you probably won't be able to use ASIO with your TV, but maybe WDM-KS?). Refer to the manual and wiki.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby DJ AL3X » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:22 am

Edit: Wow! Thanks a bunch! I'd forgotten I'd posted here about it before. Someone in a different thread I made about this pointed out that you'd updated the mapping, but I had no idea!

I'm about to install the most recent version and see if my wheel works. Thanks a ton!

Edit: Yep, it works!
DJ AL3X

Postby ksseur2lattes » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 am

Hi everybody !

I am Ksseur2Lattes, I mix for fun and to learn CAM. Maybe the time will transform me in great and famous DJ ^^ but for the moment, I just have problems to run my softwares :p

I just bought a Mixtrack Pro 3 an installed Mixxx 2.0.0.
I tried to map the Mixtrack with Mixxx and... there is a problem, but I don't know where !?

I dowloaded the 1.8 version, I got the java and the midi files, and installed all these in "AppData/Local/Mixxx/Controllers" as specified many posts ago, but nothing works.
I can't browse the files in the controllers options (this button doesn't exist in my soft), I just can learn the midi affectations to the software.

My computer runs with the last version of windows 10.
My MTP3 is made for Serato, which is too limited for me, that is why I try to map for Mixxx.

I hope you'll understand me, I'm French and my English is not perfect. I read a lot of coms since yesterday, and nothing to answer myself to my ask.

Thanks a lot for your answers !
ksseur2lattes

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:58 pm

ksseur2lattes wrote:Hi everybody !

I am Ksseur2Lattes, I mix for fun and to learn CAM. Maybe the time will transform me in great and famous DJ ^^ but for the moment, I just have problems to run my softwares :p

I just bought a Mixtrack Pro 3 an installed Mixxx 2.0.0.
I tried to map the Mixtrack with Mixxx and... there is a problem, but I don't know where !?

I dowloaded the 1.8 version, I got the java and the midi files, and installed all these in "AppData/Local/Mixxx/Controllers" as specified many posts ago, but nothing works.
I can't browse the files in the controllers options (this button doesn't exist in my soft), I just can learn the midi affectations to the software.

My computer runs with the last version of windows 10.
My MTP3 is made for Serato, which is too limited for me, that is why I try to map for Mixxx.

I hope you'll understand me, I'm French and my English is not perfect. I read a lot of coms since yesterday, and nothing to answer myself to my ask.

Thanks a lot for your answers !

I have the same setup.
Plug in your mtp3 before starting mixxx. Sometimes a configuration message will pop up. In that case click reconfigure. Otherwise go to preferences and the sound hardware section. On the output area for master select mtp3 and channels 1-2. For headphones select mtp3 and channels 3-4. Click OK and if it works you should be able to use the browse knob for library scrolling and hear music through your mtp3.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello everyone,

Corey put me up to a challenge, and after many many hours of work here it is: ... A brand new mapping for the Mixtrack Pro 3 that allows the use of 4 decks using Shift + TAP button of the deck to toggle (deck 1 or 2). When the TAP button is lit RED, the deck is toggle to deck 3 (left side) or deck 4 (right side). Decks are toggle individually.

When you add the mapping, you will see it as a new mapping named "Numark Mixtrack (Pro) 3 - 4 Decks". It will not replace the version 1.X that you might already have.
Important: the toggling of deck does make extensive use of Soft Takeover. So the controls on the GUI will move when the physical placement of that control on the controller is the same.
Many other changes, especially in the FX section:

Note that this mapping was made with the Advanced FX view of Deere Skin, so it is best to use that skin for maximum usability. Other skins will only partially see the effects as they are assigned by the controller. Generally, only the first FX of each FX unit can be seen in skins like Late Night (parameters of 1st FX are seen but not the name of the FX) , Shade (FX 1 of Unit 1 and 2, not visibility for Unit 3 and 4) or Dark Metal (FX 1 of Units 1-4, but no visibility on FX 2 and 3 of all units)
-Every deck is now assigned its own Effect Unit
-Each deck can control the 3 FX in the unit individually.
-The first 4 parameters of each FX (3 per unit, 4 units) can be controller individually.
-Intant FX is maintained on every deck.
-Brake and Spinback Effects are added
-Improvement of Autoloop and Sampler pad: Short press act as On/Off, while a long press stops the loop or sampler on release.

The list of changes is too long for the post, so I compiled them in the PDF file included in the ZIP archive. (Only the modified features are listed in the attached pdf file)

I tested the mapping extensively, but this doesn't mean that I did not miss anything. Let me know if there are issues.

Steph

Edit:
2016-10-17: File updated V2.0.1 (corrected Sync and PFL)
Attachments
Numark-Mixtrack-3-4D V2.0.1.zip
(271.92 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Last edited by Steph on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:29 am

Steph wrote:Hello everyone,

Corey put me up to a challenge, and after many many hours of work here it is: ... A brand new mapping for the Mixtrack Pro 3 that allows the use of 4 decks using Shift + TAP button of the deck to toggle (deck 1 or 2). When the TAP button is lit RED, the deck is toggle to deck 3 (left side) or deck 4 (right side). Decks are toggle individually.

When you add the mapping, you will see it as a new mapping named "Numark Mixtrack (Pro) 3 - 4 Decks". It will not replace the version 1.X that you might already have.
Important: the toggling of deck does make extensive use of Soft Takeover. So the controls on the GUI will move when the physical placement of that control on the controller is the same.
Many other changes, especially in the FX section:

Note that this mapping was made with the Advanced FX view of Deere Skin, so it is best to use that skin for maximum usability. Other skins will only partially see the effects as they are assigned by the controller. Generally, only the first FX of each FX unit can be seen in skins like Late Night (parameters of 1st FX are seen but not the name of the FX) , Shade (FX 1 of Unit 1 and 2, not visibility for Unit 3 and 4) or Dark Metal (FX 1 of Units 1-4, but no visibility on FX 2 and 3 of all units)
-Every deck is now assigned its own Effect Unit
-Each deck can control the 3 FX in the unit individually.
-The first 4 parameters of each FX (3 per unit, 4 units) can be controller individually.
-Intant FX is maintained on every deck.
-Brake and Spinback Effects are added
-Improvement of Autoloop and Sampler pad: Short press act as On/Off, while a long press stops the loop or sampler on release.

The list of changes is too long for the post, so I compiled them in the PDF file included in the ZIP archive. (Only the modified features are listed in the attached pdf file)

I tested the mapping extensively, but this doesn't mean that I did not miss anything. Let me know if there are issues.

Steph

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It hasn't even been a full 3 weeks! You are nothing short of amazing!!!!!!! I have to get at this right now!
aDJnamedCorey

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:42 am

Headphone buttons (hardware) for decks 3 and 4 still control decks 1 and 2.
SYNC button (hardware) for decks 3 and 4 don't work but the pitch sliders are working great!
I wasn't planning on doing anything tonight but now I'm like a kid in a candy store! I'm mixing 4 tracks just because I can. lol
Steph, you did your thing!!!!
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:17 am

Hello Corey,

Thank you for spotting these issues. I corrected them. Please try the attached version.
Last edited by Steph on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steph

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 am

Steph wrote:Hello Corey,

Thank you for spotting these issues. I corrected them. Please try the attached version.

The headphone button engages but only disengages when the another deck headphone button is pressed. My thought is this might be even better. I just need to get used to it.
The Deck 3 and 4 SYNC now works.
Awesomeness!
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Steph » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 am

Oups... I forgot to check that.. fixed now, you can toggle the PFL on /off.

What I did is that when a the PFL is activated on a different deck, all other deck PFL's are turned off. I did this because if you switch deck without loading any tracks, say to deck 3, and forgot to turn off PFL on deck 1, it was annoying having to go back to deck 1 just to turn off the PFL.

I corrected the on/off of PFL as you could want only the program mix in the headphone.
Attachments
Numark-Mixtrack-3-4D V2.0.1.zip
(271.92 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Steph

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings