Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby Steph » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:22 pm

That's what I have also and works great for me. I'll try the files from the forum when I get home, but I can't think of a reason that it does not work for you if both files have been extracted and copied to the proper folder, and you have restarted mixxx after enabling the mapping.
Did you have version 1.3 of the mapping installed before trying version 1.8?
If so, you have make sure that the initial mapping is fully removed before loading 1.8 as the day file changed between those versions.
Steph

Postby Steph » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Hello,

To make sure, I removed my own mapping of MTP3 from Mixxx, downloaded the file again from the forum, extracted them to the controller folder, configure the controller in Mixxx, and all is working fine.
I recorded the steps and attached them here in the pdf file.
Let me know how this goes

Steph
Attachments
Load Mixtrack Pro 3 mappingv1.8.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
Steph

Postby Nightshade » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:13 am

I will try it tonight thanks! I appreciate the help
Nightshade

Postby Nightshade » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:41 pm

is there a way to configure my sound with a laptop connected via hdtv with speakers and my mixtrack pro 3 connected to my laptop via usb with headphone plugged into the contoller? i am able to get audio from the first deck through the tv and the second deck through my headphones but when i use to the crossfader to get to the next track it doesntt play through the tv speakers. im not sure if im doing something wrong with the controller (im very new) or if im not setting up my sound right, or if its just not possible to have it set up this way
Nightshade

Postby Be. » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Sounds like you're using the unmixed Deck 1 & 2 outputs. Set the TV to Master and the Mixtrack Pro 3 to Headphones.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby Nightshade » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:30 pm

What channels for master and mixtrack 3? And do I have to make an output for deck one and two?
Nightshade

Postby Be. » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:11 am

TV to Master (Channels 1-2) and Headphones to MTP3 (Channels 3-4). You do not need to set any outputs for Deck 1 & 2. (We should improve the UI so that is obvious...)
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby aDJnamedCorey » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:17 am

Steph wrote:Thanks Corey! I do hope you like the latest mapping I posted.

The MTP Platinum looks cool, especially with the wheel indicators; I do wonder how they are able to do that, HID?
Regarding mapping the ability to toggle deck 3 and 4, yes it can be done, but it is not a small task. Just mapping the current mapping took many many hours.
My estimation is the neighborhood of 30 hrs, but it can be more; all depending on the skills level (I still consider myself beginner, so likely more for me) . I quickly looked at what that means for this script. Here is a proposed "roadmap' to develop that feature:

- Map XML only controls to use javascript functions (3-4 hrs)
    - Cue gain knob
    - loop_in
    - loop_out
    - reloop_exit
    - crossfader
    - volume

- Toggle button (tap button) (2 hrs)
    - Change ShiftLock visual indicator (use flashing Hot Cues or flashing PFL LED?)
    - The other option is to get rid of the Shift Lock, so that would free up the TAP LED as a visual indicator.
    - Shif+TAP - create function to change deck (1-3, 2-4)
    - Tap button led is visual indicator for Decks 3, 4

- Review deck initialization (1-2 hrs)
- Adjust Connected controls, create disconnect controls function (1-2 hrs)
- Adjust triggers (1-2 hrs)
- Review Sampler object impact (1 hr)
- create NumarkMixtrack3.deckToggleButton function (1 hr)
- Ensure all functions handle the deck change gracefully (2 hours)
- Regression testing of all features (54 functions) (10-15 hrs)

That precisely why i'm not a programmer. lol I do appreciate all of your hard work! Maybe i can take it up if i can retire early. I looked and didn't come up with 1/50th of what you just listed.
aDJnamedCorey

Postby Nightshade » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:25 am

Be. wrote:TV to Master (Channels 1-2) and Headphones to MTP3 (Channels 3-4). You do not need to set any outputs for Deck 1 & 2. (We should improve the UI so that is obvious...)

I did that but now I have no audio from the tv for master
Nightshade

Postby Nightshade » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:58 am

Okay so I finally got my audio outputs to work, but now my controller won't work and the audio is choppy and distorted :(
Nightshade

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings