Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby Saint.Hood » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:51 am

I've downloaded Mixxx 2.0, hooked up my MTP3 before opening the program and then went into configure the devices but I am unable to do so. The software does not recognize that the controller is connected at all. If I select the MTP3 as windows audio default I can select Windows Direct sound as the Sound API and then MTP3 will be available to select in the Master drop down Speakers section. The controller menu does not connect to my MTP3 no matter what, is there a step I'm missing? I opened the xml files for MTP3 and the script has nothing but 6 lines of code where as many other controller xml files have at least 100 lines of code, whats with this?
Saint.Hood

Postby Be. » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:37 am

The mapping is not included with Mixxx 2.0; it will be included in the Mixxx 2.1 release. To use it with Mixxx 2.0, download the mapping from this post. Also, install the ASIO driver from Numark to be able to use ASIO and all 4 output channels.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby josephk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi,
may I have an update about the state of the art with this controller?
That is to say, what is still not working? Digital effects control? The touch slider? Any glitches?
Because I'd like to buy it.

Thanks
josephk

Postby Steph » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Hello Josephk,
The mapping will included in version 2.1. With version 2, you will need to manually install it.

It has been downloaded over 400 times to date and no issues related to the mapping itself have been reported. Only issues that have been reported were related to soundcard config or how to's..

It works 100% for me. I do have a newer version submitted that improves on the autoloop pad assignment to align them with Serato and virtual DJ mappings.
Steph

Postby josephk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:27 pm

thank you a lot @Steph!
josephk

Postby josephk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:49 am

Ok, bought!
I'll write soon feedback from Arch user-land.
josephk

Postby josephk » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:07 pm

So, after two days of usage I can say that almost everything works, thanks!

Issues:
- TAP button to set custom bmp does not work.
- TOUCH STRIP LEFT is active on all effects and on all of their parameters, so it is useless as it is.
- BEATS knob does nothing
- TOUCH PLATTER + WHEEL OFF speeds up/slows down song

That's it, thank you again.
josephk

Postby Steph » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello Joseph

How do you propose the effects be mapped? Currently the left strip is mapped to the superknob regardless of deck. This means that you would use the left strip to "play" with the superknob, even if you are playing deck 2 on the right of the controller. I do admit that this is not intuitive, but that is how the mapping was when I started working on it. Any parameters mapped to the superknob will be affected when using the strip.

The biggest issue I have with effects is they can't be assigned directly, you have to cycle thru them. This presents challenges when mapping them. Plus you have 2 effects chains with 4 possible effects each and all of these can be mapped to either deck 1 or 2. Also every effect available has a different number of parameters. So not sure what is the best use case for mapping them to this controller.

Depending on the configuration you specify in the JS file, the beat knob will move the beat grid or the sampler volumes of either samplers the 1-4 (left side) or 5-8 (right side)

For the wheel pitch bend and for the tap button I need to check as I don't currently have access to the mapping ( I am at work now)

Thanks for the feedback.
Steph

Postby Steph » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:31 am

I reviewed the mapping of the effects section of this controller on VirtualDJ (http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20Mixtrack%203%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf) and a variation of their mapping could work. Let me know if you agree:

Touch Strip: Use the Touch Strip to adjust the first parameter knob of the assigned FX. This way there is no dependancy to configure the assignment of parameters to the super knob and would work by default.
Beat knob: Use to adjust second parameter of the assigned FX (if applicable)
TAP: Press and release this button to enable instant FX activation of selected effects when touching the touch strip.This removes the TAP button mapping, which does not appear to work currently in Mixxx
Hold Shift + Beat knob: Adjust effect mix ratio; or adjust the 3rd parameter knob?
The touch strip and beat button on each deck would have the exact same behavior, so basically a duplicate on each side
Holding TAP + Beat knob: option to adjust either samplers volume or beat grid
Hold Shift + Strip Search to search through a track’s time (Deck specific) - Do people use this? otherwise we could use the shift + strip to affect the Super parameter, and if not shifted, affect the first parameter.

The following is already implemented:
FX 1 On/Off: Turns FX on EffectRack1_EffectUnit1 on and off. Hold Shift + FX1 to select the next FX from the list of available effects.
FX 2 On/Off: Turns FX on EffectRack1_EffectUnit2 on and off. Hold Shift + FX2 to select the next FX from the list of available effects.
FX 3 On/Off: Turns FX on EffectRack1_EffectUnit3 on and off. Hold Shift + FX3 to select the next FX from the list of available effects.

The best possible implementation would be to use EffectUnit 1 on deck 1 and Effect Unit 2 on deck 2 and use EffectUnit slots 1 -3 on each; however, only Deer skin can make this implementation. All other available skins do not render the unit slots.
Steph

Postby Steph » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:43 am

Hello,

Updated Sept 6th 2016:
So I adjusted a few things since the last posting. Here is version 1.6 of the mapping. Changes are listed below. Please provide your feedback, especially on the effects section.. If all is good, I'll submit a pull request with these changes.

2016-04-08 (1.4 )
- Adjusted mapping of AutoLoop to be same as Serato and Virtual DJ: 1,2,4,8 beats if not shifted, 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 16 if shifted

2016-08-31 (1.5 )

- Corrected Bug: Touch platter + wheel touch speeds up/slows down song when wheel is not enabled (WheelMove - Jog / Pitch bend)
-Corrected Tap button led behavior when shift lock is active
- Changed mapping of FX sections:
-Strip = Parameter 1 of effects,
-Strip + TAP button = Super knob of effects,
-Strip + Shift = search through a track’s timeline
-Beat knob = parameter 2 of effects,
-Beat knob + TAP button = Mix ratio of effects,
-Beat knob + PadMode Button = Sampler volumes
-Beat Knob + Shift = Beat grid move

2016-09-06 (1.6 )
-Corrected Tap button mapping
Attachments