Mixtrack Pro 3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby CPav » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello All! I have purchased a Mixtrack Pro 3 from Numark and love using the Mixx Software. I can't connect the controller to the software. Is there any Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping for MIXX yet?
CPav

Re: Mixtrack Pro 3

Postby Be. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:55 pm

No, but it would be great if you made one! See http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php#controll ... umentation . I don't know how similar the MIDI signals are from the Mixtrack Pro 2 compared to the Mixtrack Pro 3, but I suggest trying to load the Mixtrack Pro 2 mapping as a starting point and fix what doesn't work. The new touch strips on the Mixtrack Pro 3 may take some scripting to map well. Also, the buttons on the Mixtrack Pro 3 are multicolored but they aren't on the Mixtrack Pro 2, so you'd need to map that out yourself to take advantage of that capability of the hardware.

Can you confirm that the soundcard in Mixtrack Pro 3 works with Linux? It is advertised as USB audio class compliant, so it should work. Please update http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/hardware ... ontrollers if it does work. If you don't have a computer with Linux on it available, you can put Crossfade on a USB drive to test this.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby CPav » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:08 pm

I have no knowledge of scripting which is why I was really hoping someone else was already on it. Any chance I can find out if someone is working on it?
CPav

Postby Be. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:45 pm

AFAIK no one else is, or if they are, they have not said anything publicly about it.

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RDZ775 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:04 am

I found a web site which had a coded download available for the mixtrack pro 3 but it was not an XML document. Could someone use this to create a map file for the mixtrack pro 3 that would work in Mixxx?

Hyper Link:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4568
RDZ775

Postby Be. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:08 am

RDZ775 wrote:I found a web site which had a coded download available for the mixtrack pro 3 but it was not an XML document. Could someone use this to create a map file for the mixtrack pro 3 that would work in Mixxx?

Hyper Link:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4568

No, TSI file mappings are for Traktor. They are nominally XML files, but taking a look at that, the actual data is not human-readable (so I don't know why they use XML...) and would be useless for making a Mixxx mapping. If you want to make a Mixxx mapping, see the Mixxx controller mapping documentation.

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby lazypower » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm actively working on mapping this controller and starting to digest how to script the scratch pads as well as the FX slider at the top.

I have everything mostly working save for the pitch sliders go ape when used, the scratch wheels are un-useable at this juncture, and the FX slider does nothing. I'll follow up with some github links to the progress when I'm out of work today.
lazypower

Postby Be. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:18 am

I just started a Mappings In Development table on the wiki and added this controller. I also started a wiki page for it.

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby wollollo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:46 pm

I got my pitch faders to work -- the learning wizard got the byte order confused. I set the LSB option for control 0x38, and MSB for 0x18, the wizard suggested the other way around.

Lazypower, could you share your progress? I'd be happy to contribute, I'm new to mapping, but willing to learn.
wollollo

Postby CPav » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Hey lazy power and or wollollo could you guys post a link to the current mapping files?
CPav

Next

Return to Controller presets/mappings