Hercules RMX HID-mapping

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Hercules RMX HID-mapping

Postby MichaelJespersen » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:23 pm

sblaisot, thanks for your suggestion, but I'm not sure, what you are heading at.

Uninstallation of the drivers leaves me with two controllers (without the MIDI one), but still: I cannot permanently activate a controller:
controller.jpg
controller config
controller.jpg (161.02 KiB) Viewed 7596 times

Without the ASIO drivers, the whole setup does not make much sense to me. Maybe someone can post his/ her config here to let me see what I'm doing wrong.
Attachments
drivers.jpg
missing drivers
drivers.jpg (96.23 KiB) Viewed 7596 times
MichaelJespersen

Postby [email protected] » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:37 pm

@ MichaelJespersen: The only thing I can say is that I don't have that strange character before the underscore, so I suppose it must not be there. I can't tell you much more, because I run Mixxx under GNU/Linux and I don't have a Windows PC to try it out.

By the way, I updated (again) the script, somthing has added and something has changed. I don't know if this will be useful to you all, I simply changed it to fit my needs. If you prefer, you can always use the previous version. ;)

Added features

Shift + Sync enables permanent sync lock (like when you click for more than 1 second on the "Sync" button on the skin, and the sync button becomes red).

Shift + Beat Lock toggles quantize (the magnet icon on the skin)

Shift + Pitch Reset changes the pitch range between two values: +/- 6% and +/- 100%. This arrangement suits my personal needs, because I always use the +/-6% range and I occasionaly need the +/-100% range to simulate vinyl brake or to do some crazy stuff with loops. I don't know if this could be useful to you, in case you are free to modify the script or to ask me for help. Be careful with this, because the skin does not display the current pitch range value.

Modified functions

When Sources buttons are NOT active

Keypad #3 changed its behaviour. Instead of doing beatlooproll and reverseroll, it now acts as the Hotcue #3 button. Like the other ones, press one will set the hotcue, then press it again will recall the hotcue; shift + keypad #3 will delete the hotcue.

But then, what happened to beatlooproll and reverseroll functions?

Shift + play button will activate the reverseroll. Press once to activate and press again to return in normal play mode.

Shift + keypad #4 does a 1/4 beatlooproll, as long as it's keep pressed (release the keypad to stop the roll).

Shift + keypad #5 does a 4 beats loop. Just press once and the loop will repeat until you press keypad #6 (Reloop/exit button).

That's all, this is a very personal setup, but if you have some particular requests maybe I can do something to write a customized version of the script.
Attachments
Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts-v2.js
(35.59 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Hercules_DJ_Console_RMX__5.hid.xml
(629 Bytes) Downloaded 589 times
[email protected]

Postby MichaelJespersen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Don't ask me why, but now it works (complete reinstallation) with the MIDI controller entry in the controller section of the settings. Thanks for your suggestions! :)

And thanks to [email protected] for optimizing the mapping for us RMX users. :) :)
MichaelJespersen

Postby WTS » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi guys, been using this mapping with my RMX since it was first made available on Manjaro with Mixxx 2.0, and I've never managed to get any of the shift functions working. When I still used the MIDI drivers on PClinuxOS the keypads worked no problem. MIDI with Manjaro doesn't work for me with my RMX, even with HDJmod compiled into the kernel. The RMX has latest firmware installed.

SHIFT function is holding Stop right? The middle button under the jog wheels of the RMX? Does nothing with the keypads, nor does having Source or Scratch or any button that I tried active. HID mappings and keypads never ever worked for me. What am I doing wrong? It's frustrating.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, found it. Of course, immediately after posting this message. Had to enable RMX mappings HID v2, and manually add HID RMX mappings v2 scripts to the RMX 5 controller's scripts tab, then I removed the one that was already there.
WTS

Postby Nick_SS » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi guys!

Because of this thread, I finally made my Hercules dj console Rmx to work with Mixxx! :)

Only big problem, the Cue/Mix Monitor knob doesn't work.

I tried the assistant to recognize and assign it. It works, but have no effect.

Can someone help me please? I kinda need it tonight.

Thank you.

I'm using
Windows 7 64 bit
Mixxx 2.0.0
Hercules dj console Rmx Mk1
Nick_SS

Postby vkh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks for all of your work on this script!

For the first time I am able to use my RMX without any the (very old) Linux hdjmod driver!

If you haven't already, you should push it upstream -- at least at the moment Mixxx appears to still have an older version of the mapping: https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/blob/m ... scripts.js

Keep up the good work!
vkh

Postby Mankir » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Here a bit modified version: Jogs perform loop_move or beat jump when shifted...
Attachments
Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts-v2.js
(34.44 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Mankir

Postby lucidsky » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:51 pm

hello all,
i couldn make it work these scripts.. hercules rmx user, windows 7 64 bit..
on controllers menu i cant see the RMX hid when i select rmx as a midi.. anyhelp appreciated...
lucidsky

Postby shaolinfrequenz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:52 pm

in my case its not working?
under controller nothing listed?
the hid mapping not get loaded?
ubuntu studio and mixxx 2.1
any help, please !!
shaolinfrequenz

Postby shaolinfrequenz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 pm

hi there,

my question is:
if i want pre listen a channel! i always have to listen both channels. i can not separate the channels.
IS THE FADER FROM CHANNEL 1 UP I ALSO LISTEN CHANNEL 1 IN THE HEADPHONES??? I DONT WANT
I DONT WANT LISTEN ANY THINK IN MY HEADPHONES IF THERE IS CHANNEL 1-2 FADER UP.
I YUST WANT PRELISTEN IN THE HEADPHONES IF I PRESS THE CUE SELECT FOR HEADPHONES!!
I CAN NOT JUST LISTEN TO ONLY ONE CHANNEL IN MY HEADPHONE, BECAUSE IF THERE IS ANY FADER UP, I ALWAYS LISTEN TO THIS CHANNEL.

I HOPE U UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM, WHAT CAN I DO

CHEERS
shaolinfrequenz

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings