Hercules RMX HID-mapping

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Hercules RMX HID-mapping

Postby JosepMa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 am

There are several things that can go wrong if you hear the master on the headphones:

1) Check the position of the Headphone cue/mix knob on the top right, next to the headphone volume knob. You might have moved it to "mix" instead of the "cue" position.

2) Please, verify how did you configure the audio settings in the preferences.
This is an old image, but you can see that there are different entries for Master, Headphone and decks (there are more decks and outputs in 2.0 and 2.1).
With your setup, you need to set "channels 1-2" into Master and "channels 3-4" into Headphones.

If you still have the issue, you will need to tell us more information of how you have the different things connected and setup.

Of course, I am assuming that you have the headphones connected to the Hercules controller.
If you are using a laptop or PC headphone output, many of them play the same signal on the headphones than on the speakers. (Only some audio drivers allow to have an independent signal over them, although since you are under linux I don't really know if that is even an option)
JosepMa

Postby shaolinfrequenz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 am

nice one! thank you!
i found the problem "mix" instead of the "cue" position.
shaolinfrequenz

Postby Cinder » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Hello. Thanks for this mapping. I've been using it a while now. I've upgraded to Mixxx-2.1beta and the gain knobs now control the effects level. Could you show what to change in the Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts-v2.js to re-asign the gain knobs to the channel gains in Mixxx? Thanks again

Cinder
Cinder

Postby DJversion666 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:31 am

I was wondering if there is any way to use a mapping wizard for the hid script? I had Mixxx 2.1 running but had to reformat my hard drive. I had been running it in Linux since 1.10 and had the ability to map my controller (Hercules DJ Console RMX) before, but can't now. Also, the Main Volume fader only registers half way, max, with the hid script I'm currently running. If there's a better one, please point me in that direction. I would also like to map the 6 buttons per side to control my effects again.

I'm running Linux Mint 18.3 KDe Edition.

The current hid scripts in the controllers folder are::

Hercules_DJ_Console_RMX_5.hid.xml
Hercules_DJ_Console_RMX_6.hid.xml
Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts-v2.js
Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts.js

...I had everything running so smoothly, too. :(

Also, just noticed on my right deck, if the key lock is on, the Beat Lock light blinks. Also, when I play from the right deck, the play button blinks, rather than staying on (it used to blink only as it neared the end of a song)

I had the 6 buttons on each side doing this: 1 and 4 on both sides controlled my loops in and out
2 and 5 (both sides) controlled FX (on and off) and headphones for FX (on and off), in that order
3 and 6 (both sides) same as 2 and 5

Any and all help to get me back to where I was is much appreciated!

If someone can show me exactly how to edit these things in the script, that would be cool, too. Anything, really. I'm desperate. I need my controller working for my job
DJversion666

Postby [email protected] » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:27 pm

NEW UPDATE

Honestly I don't know if anyone uses this controller anymore, however, I updated the HID script.
The big change is in the effects control, I got inspired by the Pioneer DJM mixers, in wich you have a knob per every channel, controlling the "color effect", and then a knob to control the LFO effects, with two arrows to halve/double the period of the LFO. So, I decided to assign the following:

Pressing "Source 1" or "Source 2" not only enables the extra functions on keypad 1-6 (like before) but instantly enables the Quick Effect (without pressing any keypad). Rate of the quick effect can be controlled by the "Gain 1" or "Gain 2" knob. Everytime "Source1" or "Source 2" is pressed, the quick effect knob will return at 12 o'clock position. When the Quick Effect is not enabled, Gain knob can be rotated to re-set them in the 12 o'clock position; in order to adjust the actual gain, hold shift (stop) button.
When "Source 1" or "Source 2" are active, press keypad 1, 2 or 3 to activate effect unit 1, 2 or 3 just before. Now, it's possible to control the super knob by the "Balance" knob (notice that this will affect all of the super knobs) and the period of the LFO by pressing the left and right arrows: left arrow halve the period, right arrow doubles it. Please notice that you can still move the Gain knob to adjust the quick effect, so you can apply the quick effect (for example a filter) and a tempo-dependent effect (for example echo) at the same time. Also notice that, if you don't turn off an effect by pressing the keypad for the second time (for example #1) you can turn off the "Source" button and still have the effect turned on, so you can (for example) messing around with hotcues and apply an effect chain by turning the Balance knob. This said, the Balance knob no longer adjusts the balance, in order to do this, you have to keep pressed the shift (stop) button.

Another little function I implemented is the Brake function, by pressing Shift + Cue when a deck is playing. Pressing Shift + Cue when a deck is stopped does exactly the same as before, so it will align the beatgrid to the current playing position.

That's all, hope you enjoy!
Attachments
Hercules_DJ_Console_RMX__5.hid.xml
(634 Bytes) Downloaded 310 times
Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts-v2_1.js
Maybe I should rename it to v2_2???
(40.33 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
[email protected]

Postby hlzhs » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:12 pm

[email protected] wrote:NEW UPDATE

Honestly I don't know if anyone uses this controller anymore, however, I updated the HID script.

Hey [email protected], thanks for your work! It would be nice if you filed a Pull request on github, so that everyone can make use of them easily ;-)

https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/bugfix_workflow
hlzhs

Postby Jbt426 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:40 am

Im from paris,

Im glad to read that you worked on it.
I really still want to use my rmx. Its my favorite controller to move with it.
But i was wrong to update my os 10.10 to 10.11.
Then i updated my mixxx from 1.8 to 2.1.8
Now, nothing is working good, it's like i go crazy, the fonctions/button are changing in an anormal cycle.

Im so worried about my so stable mixxx 1.8, in any situation that was so good.... soft update are the evil.

I'm now in trying to find the .js that you explain.
I want it!!
Jbt426

Postby [email protected] » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:45 pm

#isolationinspiration
Just added a couple new features:

4 Beats Skip

Pressing shift (stop) + Forward or Reverse it will jump forward or backward by 4 beats (not when a loop is active).

Quick EQ reset
Pressing shift (stop) + one of the "kill" buttons, it will set the relative EQ knob at 12 o'clock position. Let me know if it's better for you to have soft takeover on the EQ knobs.
Attachments
Hercules-DJ-Console-RMX-hid-scripts-v2_1.js
(40.94 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Hercules_DJ_Console_RMX__5.hid.xml
(634 Bytes) Downloaded 265 times
[email protected]

Postby diskoselecta » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:24 pm

hey, sup.

I don't know how to user those mappings!?
I'm using hdjd.. anyone can told me how to recognize my controler as an HID device ?
diskoselecta

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings