Numark MixTrack Pro for Mixxx 1.11.0+ w/Brake Effect

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Numark MixTrack Pro for Mixxx 1.11.0+ w/Brake Effect

Postby djfreije » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm

This is the evolution of the Script for Mixxx 1.10: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3828

I suppose that only work in Mixxx 1.11.0+.

Added info section, Brake Effect and Speed Control of Brake Effect.

// Almost all work like expected. Resume and Particularities:
//
// ************* Script now is Only for 1.11.0 and above *************
//
// Delete + Effect: Brake Effect (maintain pressed).
// Flanger Delay (2nd knob of effect section): Adjust the speed of Brake.
//
// Delete + Hotcues: Clear Hotcues (First press Delete, then Hotcue).
// Delete + Reloop: Clear Loop.
// Delete + Manual: Set Quantize ON (for best manual loop) or OFF.
// Delete + Sync: Set Pitch to Zero.
//
// Load track: Only if the track is paused. Put the pitch in 0 at load.
//
// Keylock: disabled on wheel touch when in scratch mode (make noise anyway at exit scratch).
//
// Gain: The 3rd knob of the "effect" section is "Gain" (up to clip).
//
// Effect: Flanger. 1st and 2nd knob modify Depth and Delay.
//
// Cue: Don't set Cue accidentaly at the end of the song (return to the lastest cue).
// LED ON when stopped. LED OFF when playing.
// LED Blink at Beat time in the ultimates 30 seconds of song.
//
// Stutter: Adjust BeatGrid in the correct place (usefull to sync well).
// LED Blink at each Beat of the grid.
//
// Sync: If the other deck is stopped, only sync tempo (not fase).
// LED Blink at Clip Gain (Peak indicator).
//
// Pitch: Up, Up; Down, Down. Pitch slide are inverted, to match with the screen (otherwise is very confusing).
// Soft-takeover to prevent sudden wide parameter changes when the on-screen control diverges from a hardware control.
// The control will have no effect until the position is close to that of the software,
// at which point it will take over and operate as usual.
//
// Auto Loop (LED ON): Active at program Start.
// "1 Bar" button: Active an Instant 4 beat Loop. Press again to exit loop.
//
// Scratch:
// In Stop mode, with Scratch OFF or ON: Scratch at touch, and Stop moving when the wheel stop moving.
// In Play mode, with Scratch OFF: Only Pitch bend.
// In Play mode, with Scratch ON: Scratch at touch and, in Backwards Stop Scratch when the wheel stop moving for 20ms -> BACKSPIN EFFECT!!!!.
// In Fordward Stop Scratch when the touch is released > Play Inmediatly (without breaks for well mix).
// Border of the wheels: Pitch Bend.
//

PD: I make a wiki. May be it help to understand something: http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/numark_mixtrack_pro

* Tested OK in Mixxx 1.11.0-beta1, under Ubuntu Linux 10.04 64 bits.
* It must be run ok in Mixxx 1.11.0-beta1 under Windows 7 64 bits, but i don't find the 64 bits version to install.
Attachments
Numark 2012-06-27 1.2 for 1.11 w brake.tar
Numark Mixtrack Pro 2012-06-27 for Mixxx 1.11 with Brake
(60 KiB) Downloaded 1676 times
Ubuntu Linux 10.04 64 bits - Numark MixTrack Pro - HP420
djfreije

Re: Numark MixTrack Pro for Mixxx 1.11.0+ w/Brake Effect

Postby merb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 pm

This is an excellent mapping. I used it since it was created until I got my new VMS4.1 at every gig. Just a question though:

I am working on a mapping for the VMS4.1 and have mapped engine.brake and engine.spinback to two buttons on my controller but I would like to speed up both effects so that the brake only lasts 1 or 2 beats and the spinback only lasts 8 or less. I see you have a knob mapped to change the length of the brake, so I was wondering how you did that so that i could maybe find some clues on how to change my own mapping. Thanks.

BTW, I posted a thread about this here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4386
merb

Postby djfreije » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 pm

For Speed of Brake effect I use the value of a Flanger parameter: lfoDelay.
So, in the .xml a Knob move the Delay of Flanger. In a function of the .js when i press a button, read the actual value of the Delay and do a math to put a number from 0 to 300 for speed of brake.
Was a "trial and error" method really, starting mixxx from a terminal and reading the Debug.

In your function of when the brake button is pressed you have to add something like this:

Code: Select all
var speed = 1;

// the prints are for debugging
   print ("Delay: " + engine.getValue("[Flanger]","lfoDelay"));

if (engine.getValue("[Flanger]","lfoDelay") < 5026) {

speed = engine.getValue("[Flanger]","lfoDelay") / 5025;

if (speed < 0) speed = 0;

} else {

speed = (engine.getValue("[Flanger]","lfoDelay") - 5009)/ 16,586666667

if (speed > 300) speed = 300;
      }

print ("Speed: " + speed);

engine.brake(deck, value, speed);

If you have a Knob in your controller only for speed, then i think you have to put "speed" as a global variable in the .init function. Redirect in the .xml that knob to a new function, for example VMS4.SpeedControl. Print the value to know in debug the range numbers of that knob, and do a math to put speed between 0 and 300. Then in your button function only have to put "engine.brake(deck, value, speed);"
Is not easy, i know.
djfreije

Postby merb » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 am

Thank you! That was very helpful, I'll see what I can do with my own modifications. Another part I am also working on that you may be able to help me with is mapping one knob to scroll through playlists, crates, etc, and one knob to scroll through the tracks listed. I noticed in your mapping that you have a function that switches between directory mode and track mode for the center knob to determine whether scrolling happens in the tree or in the track list. How would I use the lines engine.setValue(group, "SelectNextPlaylist", 1); & engine.setValue(group, "SelectPrevPlaylist", 1); in a function that could be linked to one knob, where as the other knob would still control the track list?

I have a thread open here: http://mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4396 should you find yourself with the desire and the time to help out.
merb

Postby Lacanlondres » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello and first of all thanks a lot for your hard work I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Just a quick question: it says on the mixtrack pro page http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/numark_mixtrack_pro of the mixxx website that mapping is supported by default.

Does this mean that the mapping found in this thread is the one included in the drop down list preference list?

Thanks again,
Nicolas.
Lacanlondres

Postby slaker96 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 pm

I don't think so, it appears to be different, and by different authors. I could not press Delete + Effect to do a Brake Effect with the included Mixxx Numark Mixtrack Pro script.
slaker96

Postby rryan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 am

Hi all -- this updated version will be included in Mixxx 1.11.0. Thanks for your hard work!
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby stump » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 pm

This mapping works beautifully for my Mixtrack (non-Pro) as well.

I have verified by hand that all of the same control and LED assignments used in this mapping hold for the ordinary Mixtrack too. I don't have a MTP, but if this mapping covers every control on the MTP (except pressing the effect select knobs), and the MT has all of these controls too and they work the same way, then this very strongly suggests that the only difference between the MT and MTP is the existence of the audio device in the MTP, which is not something that controller mappings need to be concerned with.

Maybe the separate (and rather lacking compared to this) Mixtrack mapping should be scrapped in favor of using this one for both.

Also, during my verification, I noticed that the eight loop-related buttons will light up in red instead of amber if activated by a Note On event with velocity 1; all other velocity values (except zero, of course) result in the amber color. Upon observing this, I decided to see whether different velocity values will change the color of any other LEDs, but it looks like only the loop ones have different colors, and only for velocity 1. Perhaps this might be useful in newer versions of this mapping. (Someone should verify this for the MTP as well, but given what I said above I'll bet it holds.)

On my machine, I modified the mapping so that the rate slider LEDs only light if the value is exactly zero (the minimum and maximum values in the XML are inclusive, so they can both be changed to just zero); the mapping as it currently ships has a little bit of tolerance in both directions, which I just don't like. I don't know how others feel about this though.

Thanks very much for the mapping!
stump

Postby djfreije » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Great info! Thanks!
djfreije

Postby phool » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Does anyone else have a problem with expanding folders in the library tree using the browse knob? I'm able to move the selection cursor up and down in the library tree but I am unable to expand folders. When I try map pushing the browse knob with the midi mapping function it screws up the scrolling. Is anyone able to guide me on how to get this to work?
phool

Next

Return to Controller presets/mappings