Numark Mixtrack

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Numark Mixtrack

Postby abie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:51 am

First of all, thank you to everyone who put these mappings and scripts together - I just got a used MixTrack and it's working great! (I'm using the uE mod because I like the sliders to run in the same direction as the on-screen sliders)

The only thing I would love to have is for the play, cue, and sync lights to blink when the the track is paused (rather than being off altogether as they are now). I played around with the scripts for a while but I haven't been able to make it work just by "borrowing" code from the DJ2Go - can anyone give me a quick explanation of how to code this in? (I have a gig saturday night - i know, cutting it close - so time is of the essence, although I can get by without it)

Thanks,
abie
abie

Postby djelektrosniper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:13 am

ok what and where do i find controller presets for this now that it's been discontinued, it wont even register on mixxx anymore
djelektrosniper

Postby djelektrosniper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:30 am

my appologies, it took a second to recognize it for some reason, i had to restart the program two times to get it right
djelektrosniper

Postby abie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:36 pm

I posted an updated mapping that controls the new Effects engine in v1.12 as well as some other tweaks: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7697
abie

Postby kromefuture » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi everyone,

i have the numark mixtrack 3 (not pro) and am attempting to use this controller with the mixxx software.

ive tried using the mapping included in the software but it doesnt work for me.

ive also tried downloading a couple versions of community made mappings and that also did not work.

I have tried this on versions 1.10.0, 1.11.0 and 2.0

i know the controller is working properly because i have used it with virtual dj.

does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
kromefuture

Postby Be. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:44 pm

It should work with the Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping, which requires Mixxx 2.0. If that doesn't work, post in the Mixtrack Pro 3 thread.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby kromefuture » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Regarding my previous post,

I am able to map controls using the learning wizard. But how do i save them so i dont have to redo the mapping with the wizard every time i open the software???
kromefuture

Postby Be. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:44 pm

You will not be able to map much of the functionality of the Mixtrack 3 with the learning wizard. Use the mapping linked on the wiki.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby kromefuture » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 am

Using the wizard i was able to get most of the functions working except for the jog wheel. Is there a way i can save the mapping so that i dont have to redo it every time i open the program?
kromefuture

Postby Steph » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:12 pm

I am curious to know why the Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping doesn't work for you; As far as I know, the only difference should be the soundcard. Are any of the controls working? Did you restart Mixxx after you loaded the mapping before testing? When you are testing with Mixxx, make sure that VirtualDJ is not running.. If VDJ is the first software running, it will take over the controller and it will not be accessible to Mixxx, until both are closed and Mixxx re-launched.

The only reason I see that can cause the Mixtrack Pro 3 mapping to not work for the non-Pro version is if Numark used different midi notes for the controls. If this is the case, a separate mapping will be needed for the non-Pro version and the wiki will need to be adjudted accordingly.

How to load and configure the mapping:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7286&start=150#p28143

Post where the mapping files can be downloaded:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7286&start=140#p28103

Wiki with detailled mapping instruction:
http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/numark_mixtrack_pro_3

Steph
Steph

PreviousNext

Return to Controller presets/mappings