Numark Mixdeck Express *UPDATE*

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Numark Mixdeck Express *UPDATE*

Postby RedHate » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Updated, (moments after my initial post) the scratch button works, the brake button now works, the jog wheels are working nicely, play, cue, reverse, pitch adjustment, loop buttons, directory knobs (almost forgot these), tap, are all mapped and working, I will fix the LED stuff as i go along. (3 updates in an hour! woo! fast project!)

If you try this mapping out please send me some feed back I'd love to hear any that people may have.

NurmarkMixdeckExpressMidi(MIXXX)-V5.zip
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

*NEWEST*
MixDeck_Express_V7.zip
(3.19 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Last edited by RedHate on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Rocket engines burning fuel so fast, off into the night sky they blast."
RedHate

Re: Numark Mixdeck Express *UPDATE*

Postby hlzhs » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks for working on this. To get this mapping into the next Mixxx release, please open a Pull Request based on the 2.2 branch on github:
https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/contributing_mappings?s[]=controller#using_git_with_your_mapping
hlzhs

Postby RedHate » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:17 pm

hlzhs wrote:Thanks for working on this. To get this mapping into the next Mixxx release, please open a Pull Request based on the 2.2 branch on github:
https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/contributing_mappings?s[]=controller#using_git_with_your_mapping

awesome suggestion thank you very much! :P
RedHate

Postby RedHate » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:27 pm

I'm going to re-write this, consider this a rough draft but enough to play with the mixdeck. Hammering out a nicer inputhandler type function rather than writing individual trigger functions... I need to keep my code cleaner, it's operating decently but I can do better than this...
RedHate

Postby hlzhs » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 pm

If you're doing a code cleanup anyway, I strongly suggest to check out the git repository and install our pre-commit hooks. These will point out errors and code style issues that need to be fixed before inclusion in Mixxx. It will also fix some of the problems automatically.
hlzhs

Postby RedHate » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:40 am

hlzhs wrote:If you're doing a code cleanup anyway, I strongly suggest to check out the git repository and install our pre-commit hooks. These will point out errors and code style issues that need to be fixed before inclusion in Mixxx. It will also fix some of the problems automatically.

I'll try to find a place to borrow some wifi, sadly I'm sharing my current work over cell data, i dont have home internet currently. :( git is kinda out of the question for me at the moment so i guess this will stay in a testing phase for a while or become a forum ornament hehe!

I fixed some more stuff today here's an update. I am going to do a complete re-write once i familiarize myself a bit more...

Fixed a bug in cue button, fixed touch functionality and jog wheels to work properly without the play bugs... Tested more rigorously through use tonight, spent some time juggling tracks and scratching to test it.
Attachments
MixDeck_Express_V7.zip
(3.19 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
RedHate

Postby RedHate » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Ugh I'm a putz! there's no sense in re-inventing the wheel! I took the mixtrack .js and deleted anything that wasnt useful to the mixdeck then i filled in the blanks on the rest of the controls like brake, reverse, search... much nicer working midi map / js and should pretty much be on par with the mixtrack's performance now. hehe... I dont think there will be any need to make any further posts unless someone finds an issue.

oh i also mapped out the heads-up display content for the decks they are controlled by on off toggles, sadly i've not found a way to send the decks anything like time position or track name.

Also I retained the credits from the mixtrack authors and appended my name on the list of authors as well. Enjoy! *tips hat and dips*
Attachments
MixDeck_Express_V8.zip
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
RedHate

Postby RedHate » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:35 pm

How about some bug fixes and linted js. Now the search and scratch buttons toggle each other on and off so they don't interfere with one another and various other little fixes I dont really feel like listing. Download:
Numark_Mixdeck_Express_V10(bugfixes).zip
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 1669 times
RedHate

Return to Controller presets/mappings