Numark DJ2Go2 Mapping complete

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Numark DJ2Go2 Mapping complete

Postby pancake » Sun May 03, 2020 1:10 pm

I notice the same thing when I invert the faders in the controller input option the value is fine. It must be some precision error with the calculation, I'll check.
BTW do you know if there is a way of visually inverting the pitch faders in the Mixxx GUI ?

I'm used to have the jogs behave like a vinyl and use them to scrub around the tracks extensively, hence the scratching behavior.
I'm thinking of adding an option to scrub faster as you go with more and more revolutions with the jogs.

Yes the DJ2GO2 control jogs are small but you know what you get with a controller of that size. I actually find it very nice for what it's doing and it's working pretty well with Mixxx.

We should work to put those mapping to ship by default with Mixxx, it would be worth for newcomers to Mixxx, who get the Numark DJ2GO2(touch) controllers to get it to work straight out of the box. I'll play with the controller over the next days and let you know.
pancake

Postby pancake » Sun May 03, 2020 2:07 pm

I added a new entry to the wiki hardware compatibility list in the Mappings In Development section table https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/hardware_compatibility and created a new page the Numark DJ2GO2 Touch controller https://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/numark_dj2go2_touch.
Feel free to edit.
You might want to do the same page for the DJ2GO2 controller

cheers
pancake

Postby Kafuzke » Mon May 04, 2020 8:14 am

Hi pancake,

I just saw that the Touch is a successor model of the DJ2Go2 and the function of the jogwheels has probably changed a little bit. Great if the mapping still works, because unfortunately you couldn't take over anything from the Dj2Go.

I wouldn't even have an idea how to invert the pitch faders in the gui and I don't think this is possible.

Actually I don't care if the mapping is default in Mixxx. Over 250 downloads and only 2 comments then it seems to work ;)

English is not my native language and therefore I have a little trouble to follow up on that.

Greetings from Germany

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Kafuzke

Postby al3x » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi all, just to say I'm testing it on macOS Catalina and it works great. To fix the pitch faders issues I followed recommendations from another thread here (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13376&p=44762#p44762) and put them on GitHub: https://github.com/shaftoe/mixxx-numark ... ch-mapping

By the way, to make Mixxx match the pitch faders direction (up for decreasing, down for increasing) you just need to open `Preferences -> Decks` and flag the checkbox `Down increases speed`
al3x

Postby Kafuzke » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Today I also found the time to spend some time with my controller.
Thanks to JosepMa modifying the two "rate" controls
Thanks to al3x for the "GoToItem" feature

This mapping is now tested with Mixxx 2.2 - 2.4.0-alpha-pre on Windows 10 and Mixxx 2.2.3 (build 2.2 r6750) on Linux Ubuntu 18.04LTS and macOS Catalina 10.15.4

And after 356 downloads I will now exchange the files on the 1st page and continue to have fun with it.
Kafuzke

Postby poppacorn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:07 am

Hello, Thank you very much for creating and sharing these files.
I am a first time user and just got a DJ2GO2 Touch and downloaded Mixxx and your mapping zip file.
I unzipped and pasted the xml and js files into the folder (macOS 10.10.5 Yosemite) /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Mixxx/controllers.
I had to create the Mixxx and controllers folders.
I plugged in the device, started Mixxx, but could not find the presets in Preferences > Controllers > DJ2GO2 Touch > Load Preset.
Would you please let me know how to complete the setup?
Thanks again!
poppacorn

Postby Kafuzke » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:53 am

Sorry, I can't help you there. I would try the right mapping first.
Numark DJ2GO2 Touch Mapping
Kafuzke

Postby poppacorn » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks for pointing in the right direction.
Turns out I was in the wrong user folder.
poppacorn

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings