Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3

Postby Be. » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:19 am

The Zomo MC1000 is a MIDI controller so there are no special permissions needed. The Kontrol S2 Mk3 is an HID controller.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby DJ_Simon » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:28 pm

Hello mi01,

I would be glad to try your mapping on a Raspberry Pi 4. I copied both files to the appropriate directories.
The controller is recognized and I can see input commands with mixxx --controllerDebug. Thus I assume that hardware setup is ok.

However, mixxx starts with a parsing error in line 20:
Can't find variable HIDController.

As this is the very first declaration of the controller class, I guess that some library is missing. Installation of libhidapi did not help.

Being a mixxx beginner, perhaps I am missing something fundamental?

Thanks for any help!
DJ_Simon
DJ_Simon

Postby mi01 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 am

sven.b wrote:Some weeks ago I used Mixxx with a Zomo MC-1000, this had worked without any trouble .

I also had to create a udev-rule for Mixxx to make the controller work. You should try this out and i'm quite sure the controller will work afterwards.
mi01

Postby Be. » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:15 am

DJ_Simon wrote:Hello mi01,

I would be glad to try your mapping on a Raspberry Pi 4. I copied both files to the appropriate directories.
The controller is recognized and I can see input commands with mixxx --controllerDebug. Thus I assume that hardware setup is ok.

However, mixxx starts with a parsing error in line 20:
Can't find variable HIDController.

As this is the very first declaration of the controller class, I guess that some library is missing. Installation of libhidapi did not help.

Being a mixxx beginner, perhaps I am missing something fundamental?

Thanks for any help!
DJ_Simon

Make sure you are using the latest version of Mixxx, 2.2.3. The HID mapping library was changed in a backwards-incompatible way in 2.2.2 to fix HID LED output on Windows.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby sven.b » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Thanks for all your Help!
I had top follow all of your hints (groups/Rules etc.) and now it's working.
I'm really happy with it.
sven.b

Postby jinglemansweep » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi,

This mapping works in most respects except the jog wheels don't work as expected. Jogging the centre the wheel engages scratch mode, but nudging the outside of the jog wheels should gently increase/decrease the tempo of the track. Am I missing something?
jinglemansweep

Postby jinglemansweep » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Okay, I think I've fixed it. The problem appears to be in "jogTouchHandler". I've fixed it so jogging now works. I've pushed it to GitHub, feel free to steal: https://github.com/jinglemansweep/mixxx ... ts.js#L532
jinglemansweep

Postby mi01 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 pm

jinglemansweep wrote:Okay, I think I've fixed it. The problem appears to be in "jogTouchHandler". I've fixed it so jogging now works. I've pushed it to GitHub, feel free to steal: https://github.com/jinglemansweep/mixxx ... ts.js#L532

Yes, you are right, thank you for your feedback. I never use the jog wheels on my own, so i missed this part. I will look in the code later and wrote a remark in the Wiki in the meantime.

EDIT: Created a PR on Github for this issue
mi01

Postby snib » Mon May 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Hello,

I would like to have feedback from users of this controller. While browsing the forums regarding this controller, a number complain about the quality of the sound output. But most use Traktor. So maybe this problem is related to Traktor. Do you have any problems with Mixxx on this point? It is sure that in the datasheet of the controller we clearly see that the sound card is not the same as that of the S4 and not that of the S2 mk2 either.
Finally, not overall are you satisfied with this controller mapped with Mixxx?

I hesitate between the S2 mk3 and the pioneer DDJ 400, but a member of the forum recommended rather the S2 because it corresponded more to the logic of Mixxx.

Thanks (and thank you to the contributors who created the mapping)
Sylvain
snib

Postby ambientsound » Mon May 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi mi01 and snib,

First of all: thanks for creating this controller profile, good work! I own an S2 Mk3 and would like to make a portable battery-powered DJ rig for outdoors. Currently looking at Mixxx on Raspberry Pi, and it looks promising with your work. Might need some beefier hardware to run Mixxx though, I'm stuck with a Raspberry Pi 1 model B+ for now!

I can confirm that I'm able to get it working, at least on my Mac, and that the basic controller functions work. However I couldn't figure out how to get the headphone output working. The built-in sound card says there are four outputs, but 1/2 and 3/4 seems to be the same. I'm sure this is ALSA specific however. Might need to use the built-in sound card for cue out.

Stuff that works: play/cue, hotcues, tempo, sync, keylock, faders, crossfader, headphone cue, quick fx, EQ, input levels, move, loop, jog wheel, scratching
Not working/not tested: flux, reverse, headphone volume, cue/master mixer, sample volume, samples

Regards, Kim
ambientsound

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings