Hercules DJControl Starlight

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Hercules DJControl Starlight

Postby mcoms » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Heya, I've got one of these controllers on the way, and am fairly good with git — let me know if I can help with anything, or do the work to get this merged :)
mcoms

Postby DJ Phatso » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks. I did the merge and the pull request (properly I believe :) ), so any changes and improvement are up to anyone wanting to get involved now.
DJ Phatso

Postby mbrouillet » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 am

Hello,

I am hesitating between the purchase of a DJ2GO2 and this controller. [Any help in choosing is great, but I'll keep my post precise on a limited question].
What I miss on the Starlight would be a Browse button to scroll through crate lists, enter them, scroll though song lists, and move back up to the crate level.
Can I emulate this ? For instance, can I add code to scroll crates on SHIFT-LEFTJOG and scroll songs on SHIFT-RIGHTJOG ?

Is it either that
[A] Can SHIFT be detected independently on any/all controls ? for instance could I code something specific on SHIFT-TEMPO slider or SHIFT-VOLUME rotative control ?
or
[B] SHIFT is never seen beyond the DJControl. A press on SHIFT is not sent over MIDI. The controller is the only one detecting SHIFT and sending alternate codes only on the controls that were designed to have a SHIFT alternate. ?

Would there be a neat way to implement a file browser using the pads in last resort ?
Thank you.
mbrouillet

Postby DJ Phatso » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:16 pm

I know the feeling. I miss browser controls as well, but given that this is something that can done with the keyboard, I take it for what it is rather than a controller that does everything.

That being said, yes, you can map the controls to whichever functions you want. I made the mapping so that it would match the one from Serato as much as possible, but since I don't personally care about scratching, let's just say its not a functions I would have included for my personal usage.

As for your question:

- The SHIFT button sends its own MIDI message;

- Most controls are affected by the SHIFT, and send the same message on different MIDI channel when activated. For example, PLAY Deck A is 91 07 in normal mode and 94 07 in SHIFT mode.
DJ Phatso

Postby mbrouillet » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Thank you. It answered my questions.
mbrouillet

Postby mylesxavier » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:31 pm

First off, thanks to everyone who's contributed to mapping this controller. I don't see anyone else having issues with the jogweel configuration but I receive the following error message: "Uncaught exception at line 1 in passed code: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DJCStarlight" - any time I touch the jogwheels or vinyl button on my starlight controller. All other mapped controls (volume, bass/filter, hot cues, etc) are working fine... Thanks in advance for any help
mylesxavier

Postby DJ Phatso » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi,

Glad to help. Actually, the mapping was approved, reworked and will be included in future releases. :-)

In the meantime, be sure to use the latest files (posted by @Kerrick):

download/file.php?id=2512

download/file.php?id=2511
DJ Phatso

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings