Vestax VCI-380

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Re: Vestax VCI-380

Postby jaymanu » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:41 pm

II'm glad to hear it works on Win, as i only use linux. Great job mixxx devs for portability !
For DVS, you can give it a quick shot by burning the serato CD,theyprovide a wav for free.
jaymanu

Postby Capitaine-Joko » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:54 pm

I just tested the preset with the last version 2.2 and it's great, DVS too, the main problem is about FX, for the filter for instance, it doesn't work and with DVS, the signal is dropped !
Capitaine-Joko

Postby jaymanu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am

Could you give more details ? Which steps are you doing while trying to use the filter ?
About DVS, firstly did you set the button near RCA inputs to 'phono' ? can you try setting it up to "pass thru" and play a regular record, to check if you can hear the music correctly ? If not, maybe increase latency.
jaymanu

Postby Lando » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:02 am

Thanks for creating this!
I just tried your script on 2.2 but the jog LEDs and pad lights are not working for me, the scratching also sounds terrible, what settings should I get to have more realistic scratching like Serato? I'm using Windows.
Lando

Postby jaymanu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Hello Lando
I'm sad to read this.

About scratch sound :
Does the scratch sound better if you do it with the mouse ?
To which soundcard are you outputting audio ? VCI380, or other ? Does it make a difference if you select another output ?
Did you ajust jog sensitivity knob ? It should turn red when you touch the platter, and back to white when you release it.

About pad and jog lights :
are other lights working correctly ?
can you try playing a song and setting one or more cue point ? And try the different modes : hotcue, slicer, autoloop, roll. You should see something on the pad lights.

Are you sure you took latest version 1.1 of my script ? Using a VCI-380 and not VCI-400 ?
Could you show screenshots of your settings
jaymanu

Postby Lando » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:26 pm

jaymanu wrote:Hello Lando
I'm sad to read this.

About scratch sound :
Does the scratch sound better if you do it with the mouse ?
To which soundcard are you outputting audio ? VCI380, or other ? Does it make a difference if you select another output ?
Did you ajust jog sensitivity knob ? It should turn red when you touch the platter, and back to white when you release it.

About pad and jog lights :
are other lights working correctly ?
can you try playing a song and setting one or more cue point ? And try the different modes : hotcue, slicer, autoloop, roll. You should see something on the pad lights.

Are you sure you took latest version 1.1 of my script ? Using a VCI-380 and not VCI-400 ?
Could you show screenshots of your settings

Scratch Sound: Yes it sounds fine with the mouse, output is through the vci380, no it doesn't make a difference. Jog sensitivity is fine, that's not the issue as it works fine with Serato.

Pad and Jog lights: yes the lights work correctly with Serato, the pad lights are not on.

Yes I have the latest version 1.1, yes I have 380. I will have to get back to you on the screenshots.
Lando

Postby jaymanu » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Yep that is true. Not sure to see your point though ?
jaymanu

Postby Be. » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm

jaymanu wrote:Yep that is true. Not sure to see your point though ?

That was a spam post. I deleted it.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Previous

Return to Controller presets/mappings