DDJ-SB3 Deck 3/4

XML preset files and script files (.js) for MIDI and other controllers.

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

DDJ-SB3 Deck 3/4

Postby butyokkapitany » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello Everyone!

I've done some controller mapping/scipting on my Pioneer DDJ-SB3, based on the DDJ-SB2 script. I would say, that 90% of the controls works now as intended (except for some pad controls), but I have no idea how to enable Deck 3 and 4.
As far as my knowledge goes (which is not that much), the controller should send the Deck play,cue etc. signals on Midi Channel 3 and 4 when the Deck button is pressed, but I wasn't able to get any signal from channel 3 and 4. In Serato Lite, the Deck buttons are working as intended (so I can use Deck 3 and 4 inside the software), and they light up. But when Serato is not running, it doesn't even light up when I press them. The buttons themselves are functioning, I checked it with --mididebug, and Shift+Deck4 enables AutoDJ.
-GNU is not UNIX.
-Where does it say that?
-In the name, GNU
butyokkapitany

Re: DDJ-SB3 Deck 3/4

Postby anaboull » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

hello !
same pb impossible to enable deck 3 & 4 ( C & D)
i try to found it with another controller
if you have some news :) post it :)
anaboull

Postby JosepMa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 pm

I don't know if it is the case with DDJ-SB3, but some controllers do no have physical changes for decks 3&4, but instead it is simulated in software. If that is the case, decks 3 and 4 would send signals for decks 1 and 2, and the software (the mapping in this case) needs to simulate the change and light the leds accordingly.

Also, I had a controller that allowed to disable decks 3 / 4, or to send them as decks 1 / 2. This was done from the driver control panel.
It might not be related, but it could be that the controller needs a specific message to tell it to allow decks 3 / 4.

I don't have any Pioneer controller, so I can't help.
JosepMa

Postby Be. » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:07 am

butyokkapitany wrote:I wasn't able to get any signal from channel 3 and 4.

How did you determine this? Did you watch the incoming MIDI signals when running Mixxx with the --controllerDebug command line argument? If the controller does change the MIDI channel for decks 3 and 4, you'll need to duplicate all the mappings in the XML file for decks 1 & 2 for decks 3 & 4. (We're working towards removing the need for the XML file, but for now copy & paste then find & replace will have to do.)
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Return to Controller presets/mappings