Super Minimal Configuration Possible?

Mod your Mixxx: Share your controller mappings, keyboard mappings, skin and script tweaks here!

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Super Minimal Configuration Possible?

Postby Hermetech » Fri May 22, 2020 3:10 pm

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to configure MIXXX as a super minimal DJ mixer. I don't use a controller, I don't use samples, FX, the Library etc. What I want is just an ultra minimal DJ mixer where I can just drag and drop tracks from Windows Explorer, and mix them together live with the mouse on the crossfader. I only need two channels. All I really need is the track info sections, track gain, cuing function and a crossfader. Using the default Deere GUI I have come up with the best I can (see image below), but it still includes lots of elements I don't need (Quantise, Key Mode, Clip Mode, Repeat, Beat Grid, Key Lock, Markers, ReLoop, FX buttons etc.), and there's a huge blank space at the bottom that you cannot adjust any smaller.

Think ultra-minimal hardware DJ mixer like an old Bozak or a modern Condesa (I used to have a Lucia, was stunning!) or something, just the bare minimum functions. Does anyone know of such a skin, or way to tweak the UI to make it even more minimal?

Thanks in advance,

Gregg

Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (356.01 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
Hermetech

Re: Super Minimal Configuration Possible?

Postby Be. » Fri May 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Have you tried the Tango skin? It has options for hiding even more.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Re: Super Minimal Configuration Possible?

Postby Hermetech » Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks, I just tried it, but you can't hide the library. :(
Hermetech

Return to User Customizations