Denon Prime 4 Mapping - HELP WANTED!

Mod your Mixxx: Share your controller mappings, keyboard mappings, skin and script tweaks here!

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Denon Prime 4 Mapping - HELP WANTED!

Postby Vision » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:53 am

Hi everyone!

I've been DJing for about 2 years now, and a few months ago I upgraded to the Denon Prime 4 after using a basic controller with Mixxx for so long. Now, seen as the Prime 4 is a standalone unit, I understand that no-one would really want it to be mapped to DJ software on a laptop.

However, the Prime 4 has seemingly been neglected by Denon in the sense that it hasn't received any firmware updates in almost an entire year now, and I know that it's possible to map the unit to software, as they have done so with Serato and the unit has its own dedicated "controller mode" specifically for using with a connected computer. I also believe that it's possible to add even more custom features to the Prime 4 that are not possible in its Standalone mode, such as extra pad modes accessed by tapping the existing Pad Mode buttons more than once (This was done with the Serato mapping to access features like Melody Mode and other such things).

I am an absolute noob when it comes to MIDI scripting and Javascript, and I have no idea how to get the LEDs on this controller to react, or create advanced mappings using Shift keys and Pad Mode selector buttons. If anyone out there has a Prime 4 and/or knows enough about scripting with Mixxx to help me out here, that would be incredibly appreciated!
Vision

Return to User Customizations