LED Feedback help needed - Launchpad Mini MK2

Mod your Mixxx: Share your controller mappings, keyboard mappings, skin and script tweaks here!

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

LED Feedback help needed - Launchpad Mini MK2

Postby vurtual » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking for a very simple solution for controlling a radio show with a Novation Launchpad Mini MK2. All I want to do is turn on/off mic1, mic2, mic1 fx1 and mic 2 fx2, and to play deck one or two. I can set up the triggers, but would like LED feedback, ideally:
Mics/fx off - lit yellow
Mics/fx on - lit green
mics peaking - lit red or flashing red/green
deck empty - lit red
deck loaded - lit yellow
decks triggered - lit green

and one of, in order of preference

deck leds turns yellow 1 minute/10% length of track before the end
deck leds turn yellow at end of track
deck leds turn yellow after 3 minutes

I've tried the wiki, youtube and google searches and I cannot fathom out to get the led feedback to work in the slightest! I don't need anyone to program it for me (unless you want to!) if anyone knows where I can find a resource that gives examples of how add this feedback, either using Output Mapping in Preferences, or by editing the common-controller-scripts.xml
vurtual

Re: LED Feedback help needed - Launchpad Mini MK2

Postby JosepMa » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:27 pm

Usually, controllers that have multi-colour leds do so by changing the colour depending on the value that you send to that control (instead of just triggering it on or off).
It is similar to the vumeter controls. you can check mixtrack platinum for a case of vumeters.

Your scenario might work from the output tab if you configure the output ranges, but given that you want the colours to have several functions, it could need that you do so on javascript (so that just the desired signal is sent to the led, not more than one)
( also note, the common-controller-scripts.js is a generic script for all controllers which should not be altered. You need to create one specific for your controller that might use the functionality from the common-controller-scripts.js or not, you decide).
JosepMa

Postby vurtual » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:03 pm

Thank you for that, but it isn't at all clear how to set up the output mapping, so far as I can tell. Is there a wiki page on the Output Mapping screen that I'm failing to find? Is there a lits of Opcodes somewhere?
vurtual

Postby JosepMa » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:35 pm

The codes that you need there are mostly codes from your controller. But the usual rule of thumb is that the same code that works for receiving the control, works for sending the led information to it.
JosepMa

Postby vurtual » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:53 pm

Thanks, JosepMa, that got me part way. Here's my input map, output map and a description of the effect:

Input Map
Code: Select all
Channel___|_Opcode____|_Control___|_Options___|_Action
1_________|_Note On___|_0x61______|___________|_Microphone 2: Microphone on/off

Output Map
Code: Select all
Channel__|_Opcode___|_Control___|_On Value___|_Off Value___|_Action__|_On Range Min__|_On Range Max
1________|_Note On__|_0x61______|_0x7F_______|_0x7F_______|__________|_127___________|_127
"

Effect
When either mic is on, four lights come, and flash away merrily. I think they equate to C4, E4, Ab4 and I don't know what note the last one id. It's the Stop button in Ableton mapping, or last button on the fourth row up. If there's a track playing in the decks, those four plus C5 and F#2. When the track stops, C5 stays on in yellow.

I mean, I've played with various combinations for each of the possible fields, the result is always the same - can'y make sense of it. I can't find any indication anywhere online what might need to go on the Action field, but I'm guessing that's the key field I need to understand. Does anyone know how to target the specific button I want? It's note F1, but for other buttons, E1, C1, C#1.E3, F3. I am seriously scratching my head!
vurtual

Postby JosepMa » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 pm

There are several errors there

Off value shoud be 0x00
On Range Min should be 0,5
On Range Max should be 1
Action should be informed. In this case, same as in input Map: Microphone 2: Microphone on/off (If you try to edit it in the input map, you will see that it translates to: [Microphone2],enabled )
(Most of the controls are listed here: https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/mixxxcontrols )

Those controls tell: what will it send for "off", between each range of the internal control (in this case, the microphone) should we understand "On", and what control will it look at, to know the value
JosepMa

Postby vurtual » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:59 am

Thank you so much for this JosepMa, I will try your suggestions and check the wiki page you mentioned.
vurtual

Return to User Customizations