Need Help with Supported Numark V7, unsupported Rane Twelve

Mod your Mixxx: Share your controller mappings, keyboard mappings, skin and script tweaks here!

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Need Help with Supported Numark V7, unsupported Rane Twelve

Postby markerline » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi. I own a pair of Rane Twelve turntables that I am trying to create a mapping for in Mixxx. To do this I also purchased some used Numark V7 turntables which are supported devices that already have scripts and mappings in Mixxx. I need to create scripts for the Rane platters so I can enable scratching.

I am unfortunately running into some issues understanding the JavaScript and XML files for the Numark turntables.

Can anyone help me understand how to convert the 2 files to a Rane mapping if I provide them with the CC values that the Rane platters put out over MIDI?

MIDI Learn does not work for the turntables for some reason (possibly because platter scratching must be scripted), although for the accompanying Rane Seventy-Two Mixer the MIDI Learn works to enable the crossfader (and possibly other knobs and faders).
markerline

Re: Need Help with Supported Numark V7, unsupported Rane Twe

Postby Chris2000SP » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Hello markerline,

i have done a mapping for the Reloop Jockey 3 ME and i am interested to help you. I am also interested if the twelves works under Linux so if you could test that, that would be nice.

To make a script for the platter i have worked with an old Video from Pegasus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUT8tZmwM00

Note that Mixxx has changed under the hood so you have to read the wiki to get the new function names, parameters and s. o..
The Twelve have Moving platters so i would assume the Touching Part can be avoided.

If you want more help you have to post the output of "mixxx.exe --controllerDebug" or equivalent to linux "mixxx --controllerDebug" when Platter moves or scratch.

Greetings
Reloop Jockey 3 ME
Traktor Kontrol F1
Mumble Server: mumble.natenom.com (Ger)
Chris2000SP

Re: Need Help with Supported Numark V7, unsupported Rane Twe

Postby Michael Z Freeman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:37 am

Was there any progress with this ? I've started a thread in the mappings forum about the Rane Twelve. It does indeed work with the Numark V7 XML and script but needs adjusting.
"I heard the sound of the Universe vibrating as one harmonious force."
Michael Z Freeman

Return to User Customizations