Control to lload a track already loaded in different deck

Mod your Mixxx: Share your controller mappings, keyboard mappings, skin and script tweaks here!

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Control to lload a track already loaded in different deck

Postby GreyKraken » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi.

I will like to add to my mapping the capacity to load into a deck the track loaded in a different deck.

I have found no control to produce that action nor a way to do it by JScript on the controller script.

Any clue, idea or suggestion?

Thanks!!!
GreyKraken

Re: Control to lload a track already loaded in different dec

Postby bgmnt » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:48 am

I don't understand, what you mean.
There is a standard mapping for a button "load track in the deck, that is not playing". You can do this with an actual playing track also - so you have the track in both decks (when using 2). Control should be [Channelx],LoadSelectedTrack.

What exactly do you want beside this behaviour?
bgmnt

Postby GreyKraken » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks. This will do the trick. :)

I was misreading that control. I was think it was about the track selected in the library.

Just a small point. As I usually use 4 decks it will be nice to have control on which deck is the track loaded. But with this functionality I think I will manage.

bgmnt wrote:I don't understand, what you mean.
There is a standard mapping for a button "load track in the deck, that is not playing". You can do this with an actual playing track also - so you have the track in both decks (when using 2). Control should be [Channelx],LoadSelectedTrack.

What exactly do you want beside this behaviour?

Thanks again!
GreyKraken

Postby bgmnt » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 pm

I only answered for 2 decks, since I have no experience with 4 decks. Other people here can help hopefully. And perhaps there was a post here in the forum with the logic of mixxx dealing with 4 decks - but I don't find it ad hoc.
bgmnt

Postby JosepMa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm

There is no control that does exactly what you want, and there is no way currently to get exactly what you want.

bgmnt missed that you want to load the track that is present in another deck, which isn't necessarily the one you have currently selected in the library.

The [Channelx] in the control means to which deck it will load the track.
There is another control that is [Playlist],LoadSelectedIntoFirstStopped , which is the "load track in a deck that is not playing", but again, this is not what you asked in the first post.
JosepMa

Postby GreyKraken » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Ok. I see. So not possible to have that functionality.

I have at least two good use cases for that functionality.

I'm having a track loaded and playing and I want to check about the outro that I'm not having clear in my memory.

I'm having a track loaded and I want to have a second copy of it in order to play mixing it with itself.

I can look for it on the library again in order to load it. But this is, sometime, cumbersome.

I will try to create a proposal in the launchpad. Will be the first time I use use it so wish me luck :)

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Cheers
GreyKraken

Postby bgmnt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:42 pm

I have these uses cases too and I want to cover it with this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9494 (Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1789456)

Would this be a solution for you, perhaps? You still have to search for the desired track and load it, but this is not so effortful?

(I often need to recall the coming end of an track, I use the preview deck for this.)
bgmnt

Postby daschuer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:14 pm

You may as also drag the track title from on deck and drop it int the other deck.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby kazakore » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 am

pierrofimory wrote:You can do this with an actual playing track also - so you have the track in both decks (when using 2). Control should be [Channelx],LoadSelectedTrack.

That loads the track which is selected in the Library, not what is asked for here.
kazakore

Postby ronso » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:38 am

There's now the Clone Deck function in 2.3 alpha http://downloads.mixxx.org/builds/master/release/
This literally clones the playing track and the play position to another deck. It's triggered if you drag'n'drop a playing deck to another deck, or if you press Load on the keyboard or on the controller.
Check it out!
ronso

Return to User Customizations