New user: Cheers, from Philly! Loving MIXXX!

Random non-Mixxx stuff...

Moderator: garth

New user: Cheers, from Philly! Loving MIXXX!

Postby TheColorComputer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Dear MIXXXers,

I recently started learning to DJ, and stumbled upon MIXXX: Open platform, feature dense, intuitive, and free. What's not to like!?

I'd like to thank everyone whose developed, discussed, and pushed this software into existence from the bottom of my heart! Music gear and software is expensive, and I've spent a good deal on production stuff over the years. I didn't want to put out an arm and a leg to learn and get started with DJing, so this was the perfect find.

The MIDI Wizard is bomb af, and I was able to utilize equipment I already owned. And, as I've explored and picked up on concepts through using mix, I did something:

I sold a guitar to buy a DJ controller.

You know, that slightly cliché trope that's been going on for the past 20 years? Yep. I joined in on the action :lol:

I got myself a Numark Mixtrack 3 (already have interfaces ;) ) and after a simple hurdle (loading up the mapping file and restarting the program), the controller is running MIXXX like a dreeeeaaaam!

Again, thank you all so much for what you're doing: Music is made by people, for people, and this gives us so much more power as creatives.

Love from Philly,
TheColorComputer

P.S.
Where y'all posting/sharing mixes? :?:

P.S.S.
MIXXX will reign supreme
TheColorComputer

Return to Mixxxscellaneous (Off-Topic)