New User Registrations on Mixxx Forums

Random non-Mixxx stuff...

Moderator: garth

New User Registrations on Mixxx Forums

Postby saphirantcross » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Tried looking for a Private Message area to send this directly to an admin... doesn't seem there is one.

In any case, new user registrations for this forum will become difficult past 3-31-2018. Google is deprecating the first version of Captcha (ReCAPTCHA, which was used to improve book scanning, but Google repurposed it to make maps.google.com better). They want all sites to use the Captcha system that makes users check a box then pick segments of a photo with a certain issue. (Find all the pictures with storefronts, etc.)

After March 31st, if the Captcha code isn't upgraded or changed, the new users portion of these boards will stop working (if you can't validate a captcha, PHPbb3 won't send an email to verify your address works.)

Heads up.
saphirantcross

Re: New User Registrations on Mixxx Forums

Postby Be. » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 am

Yes, we are aware. We're thinking of migrating the forum to Discourse rather than put effort into maintaining this ancient phpBB software.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Re: New User Registrations on Mixxx Forums

Postby saphirantcross » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:21 am

Yeah, I remember the big deal phpBB3 was back in 2007 when I used it on a personal site. If they got to 3.2 in 11 years instead of 4.0, it has stagnated a bit.

I look forward to the new boards.
saphirantcross

Return to Mixxxscellaneous (Off-Topic)