Multi-channel card headphone monitor instructions on Windows

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Re: Multi-channel card headphone monitor instructions on Win

Postby nediduk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 am

Absolutely loving Mixx, I usually use Serato but having more fun with Mixxx!
As I'm on holiday with no controller or additional USB sound device I needed to remap my laptop Jacks as follows:

Headphone jack to channel 1 + 2 (Line Out for Amp)
Mic In jack to channel 3 + 4 (for Headphones)

I have an Acer 8935G laptop with 5.1 channel Realtek HD Audio (ALC889)

I found the Pin Registry values in Regedit in the following Key (folder):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\Settings\Drv7541_DevType_0889_SS1025019f

After some experimenting I found the following registry keys correspond to the following Jacks.

Pin12 = Not checked
Pin15 = Headphone Jack
Pin18 = Mic Jack
Pin1a = Line In Jack

The binary keys for the outputs are:

"00 00 00 00" = Line-in
"01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
"02 00 00 00" = Headphones
“03 00 00 00″ = Front speakers 2nd Output
"04 00 00 00" = Front speakers (chan 1 + 2)
"05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers (chan 3+ 4)
"06 00 00 00" = Center / sub-woofer (chan 5 +6 )
"07 00 00 00" = Side speakers

I disabled the audio device in Device manager. I then changed the value of Pin18 to 05 00 00 00 and Pin15 to 04 00 00 00 in Regedit. I then re-enabled the audio device in device manager and my changes took effect without the need to restart.

The below guide helped me :

http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how- ... cks-ports/
nediduk

Postby Corsar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 pm

agos wrote:Now I hear Master Out on the left channel and Headphones Out on the right channel

Good day! Actually, in order to divide the stereo channel into two mono - it's not necessary to use JACK. It is enough to specify in the MIXXX settings: the main output is channel 1; headphones - channel 2. The result will be the same.
P.S. although, JACK probably will provide a reduction of stereo in mono .... However, thanks anyway for an interesting suggestion! After all, JACK can be used to combine the built-in audio card and USB
Corsar

Postby Be. » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Corsar wrote:
agos wrote:Now I hear Master Out on the left channel and Headphones Out on the right channel

Good day! Actually, in order to divide the stereo channel into two mono - it's not necessary to use JACK. It is enough to specify in the MIXXX settings: the main output is channel 1; headphones - channel 2. The result will be the same.

Yes, that will work now. Before Mixxx 2.0, selecting a single mono channel for Mixxx's outputs was not available as an option.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby Radioman_00 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:32 pm

No matter what I do I can't get pfl to work. The volume in the headphones does come up when the mixer fader is increased but I want to hear the sound before I mix. I tried pfl buttons and loads of different combos of output settings. The headphones are plugged into the 10mxr headpone socket.
Attachments
mixxx2.png
mixxx2.png (81.32 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
Radioman_00

Postby Be. » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Considering your mixer/controller is made by American Audio, I am guessing you are running into the same issue as the American Audio VMS4 with Mixxx 2.1. If so, the solution is to remove the MIDI mappings for the volume faders and crossfader.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby Continuum » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 am

Not sure if it's a Windows 10 or Mixxx 2.1 feature, but on both my laptops, I got headphone cueing working without using ASIO4All.
I'm using a Behringer UCA202 USB sound card for master output and the headphone jack on the laptops for cueing. API is set to "DirectSound".
So in Mixxx, API is DirectSound, Master is (for my setup) "USB Audio Codec" and Headphones is "Realteak High Definition Audio".
Despite only displaying "Channel 1-2" as outputs for both devices, cue output works just fine if I open Windows' Volume Mixer and make sure that the output level for the audio device used for the headphones is not set to mute or a very low level.

Can't comment about any cueing latency or synching issues since I'm not doing any sophisticated mixes.
Continuum

Postby mosael » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:09 pm

tourserjazz wrote:Hi I posted before about this issue and have sorted it now. Here's how I did it.
I think this will only work with this type of sounc card. If you've not got a 5.1 or above I think you need an external soundcard. Theres lots of posts about this elsewhere.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit
Realtek HD 7.1 soundcard
2.1 speakers with subwoofer (1 output from machine)

Here goes:
Plug your speakers into the lime green output on your soundcard
Take your headphones out the yellow/gold output

Download ASIO4ALL (Google it, it's the first result)
Open Mixxx
Open ASIO4ALL (little green icon on task tray when MIXXX is running)
Go to ASIO4ALL advanced (spanner icon)
Expand your chosen soundcard (I've only got one) and highlight all the inputs / outputs by clicking the power symbol on the left
Close ASIO
Go to MIXXX options / preferences
Set Sound API to ASIO
Set Master to ASIO4ALL v2 channel 1-2
Set Headphones to ASIO4ALL v2 channel 3-4
Apply
OK

Run 2 tracks hit the headphone button on one and hey presto your done!

Hope this helps.

can you just show us how you instal it ? a screenshot or some instractions ?
mosael

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ