Numark iDJ3 Problem

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Numark iDJ3 Problem

Postby stesmi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 pm

Hello.

Apologies if this isnt the correct method to ask such a thing but I'm at the end of my tether :x

I recently acquired an old Numark iDJ3 and initially managed to set it up to my Mixxx using the presets from the Numark MIXTRACK file. I found an old post from this very forum explaining what to do.

Everything was working perfectly at first but the past few days things have begun to go very wrong. Eg. Having to remap certain settings each time I load up the software as certain buttons were not responding. As a noob with this sort of thing, I managed to work out the basics to get the controller back up and running fairly easily. As of yesterday the however, controller is just completely unresponsive to Mixxx at all! :cry:

The controller appears to be working fine, as my laptop can find it each time I plug it in. All the lights come on when I connect the USB cable etc. I even found an old Youtube video to update the firmware which appeared to work successfully so I think the issue has to be with Mixxx.

I've tried deleting the preset files from Mixxx and restoring the defaults to start again but it's just not playing ball. It briefly allowed me to manually configure the fader about 30 minutes ago but then it stopped responding again. Is there something I should be doing to solve this?

Any help would be very much appreciated before I chuck the whole thing out of the window! :lol:
stesmi

Re: Numark iDJ3 Problem

Postby pi r squared » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:45 am

The laptop finding it and the lights coming on is not necessarily the same as the DJ controller working correctly. It may simply have reached the end of its life.

However first and foremost I would switch the cable over and try a different USB port if possible. This will rule out a couple of easy problems.

If Mixxx can "see" the controller but the MIDI learning wizard cannot recognise any of the buttons or faders - but could before - this definitely implies a controller problem.
pi r squared

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ