Issue with external mixer with soundcard

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Issue with external mixer with soundcard

Postby superhoop » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:27 am

Hi,

I have recently downloaded mixxx after getting myself a Gemini PMX 10 mixer. The mixer seems great and works well with virtual dj, but I don't like the cost or add on's that they charge for with virtual dj, so I have found Mixxx. It's a great bit of software that I am in the process of mapping midi files for but have stopped as have an issue I can't seem to resolve...

In Mixxx, I have the sound outputs set to Deck 1 Channels 1&2, Deck 2 Channels 3&4. In virtual dj, I can cue up the tracks in my headphones this way, but in mixxx, the cueing only comes through the headphones when the crossfader is not fully across (ie, if crossfader is all way to left (deck 1), I can't hear deck 2 in the headphones unless I move the fader in a bit, but that obviously comes out of the master too then!

What am I doing wrong?

I am using WIn 10 home, version1909, with the gemini ASIO drivers and Mixxx 2.2.3

Many thanks in advance for any help!
superhoop

Re: Issue with external mixer with soundcard

Postby superhoop » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Ok, I was being an idiot, I shouldn't have mapped the crossfader, just assign the decks in preferences and all else is done on mixer. Working on getting the cue points, effects and all associated LEDs working now.
superhoop

Re: Issue with external mixer with soundcard

Postby esaghem » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:47 am

I am new to Mixxx and recently acquired Mixxx for an online community radio station. So far everything works fine but I have limitations not being able to connect and use a microphone and headphone at the same time on the laptop. So we acquired an external sound card (Startechcom) and a 16 DSP Professional mixer (AMX7351).
1. How do we connect the external mixer to Mixxx and use the headphone and multiple microphones?
2. Can we connect the external soundcard to Mixxx as well?
esaghem

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ