Just installing and running Mixxx has messed up my audio

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Just installing and running Mixxx has messed up my audio

Postby Kizzume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:50 am

Just installing and running Mixxx seems to have messed up my audio on *everything* except ASIO applications--glitchiness when first playing audio and when ending audio, and eventually sounded glitchy for about 1/10 of a second every second and a half. Playing videos, playing music in any of the media players, pretty much everything except applications that use ASIO. I'm not sure what Mixxx does different with the audio than other applications, but I'm really disgruntled about it. For now I've fixed it by changing advanced settings in my audio (Scarlett 2i4) output to 16bit rather than 24bit (Windows 10), but I worry it's going to happen again. Anyone else run across this issue? What did you do about it?

Thanks.
Kizzume

Re: Just installing and running Mixxx has messed up my audio

Postby Kizzume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Yeah, the problem is back. I'm really not sure what to do. It would suck having to reinstall Windows.
Kizzume

Re: Just installing and running Mixxx has messed up my audio

Postby Kizzume » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:15 pm

I uninstalled the drivers, got a beta version and installed them only to find they didn't work properly, then uninstalled those and reinstalled the ones I was previously using, and so far things are ok. We'll see if they remain ok. I shouldn't have had to do any of that in the first place.
Kizzume

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ